America - Go Home.

Is the increasing American influence in Europe/the world and particularly in the U.K a sign of things to come? Corporate bull-dozing of the national character?

As most people know America owns a good chunk of the U.K already but America is infiltrating minds in more subtle ways.

I don't need to go into too much detail - just count the number of American accents in T.V advertising and voice-overs on documentaries etc.

The, ''Extreme Excess is O.K,'' mantra of America is recruiting new subscribers daily and is alienating millions hourly.

Are we so impressed with everything American that we are blinded to the flimsy Disneyland fascade that hides mountains of stinking world threatening ecological/political activities?

I don't advocate speaking the 'Queens English' in fact regional accents are something to be encouraged imo but is American influence yet another aspect of the errosion of the British identity?

Hi America - I'm back!

Is the increasing American influence in Europe/the world and particularly in the U.K a sign of things to come? Corporate bull-dozing of the national character?

As most people know America owns a good chunk of the U.K already but America is infiltrating minds in more subtle ways.

I don't need to go into too much detail - just count the number of American accents in T.V advertising and voice-overs on documentaries etc.

The, ''Extreme Excess is O.K,'' mantra of America is recruiting new subscribers daily and is alienating millions hourly.

Are we so impressed with everything American that we are blinded to the flimsy Disneyland fascade that hides mountains of stinking world threatening ecological/political activities?

I don't advocate speaking the 'Queens English' in fact regional accents are something to be encouraged imo but is American influence yet another aspect of the errosion of the British identity?

Hi America - I'm back!

Xenophobic trash.

A lot of British TV shows have been exported in recent years including to the US. Weakest Link, Big Brother, Pop Idol, X Factor, WWTBAM, The Office, Strictly Come Dancing etc.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/04/export-television-shows-rises

The UK television industry's main customer is still the US, where British formats including American Idol (from Pop Idol) and Dancing with the Stars – the US version of Strictly Come Dancing – continue to pull in massive audiences. Transatlantic sales accounted for 36% of total export revenue, with a 3% growth in revenue to £485m. The overall North American market is worth £546m with "significant revenue contributions" from sales of videos and DVDs, formats and licensing. America's appetite for the best of British appears to be insatiable: a US version of MasterChef, presented by Gordon Ramsay, proved successful and Simon Cowell's The X Factor is set to arrive next year.

The Americans seem to like British TV programmes, even if they do have to "Americanise" them :hihi:

Archived