America - Go Home.

A lot of British TV shows have been exported in recent years including to the US. Weakest Link, Big Brother, Pop Idol, X Factor, WWTBAM, The Office, Strictly Come Dancing etc.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/04/export-television-shows-rises

The Americans seem to like British TV programmes, even if they do have to "Americanise" them :hihi:

Yes and the influence these shows have on their own lives comes across in American shows with a colourful mix of English words and slang thrown in which is great to hear.

What really amuses me is the number of hypnotised blundering buffoons that tread these hallowed halls - you REALLY believe that by bigging up America you'll somehow acquire some ASSmerican 'cool' - I've got news for you, it ain't working doood.

Time will assuredly tell.

Ive seen quite a few US made ads being dubbed over in British accents - Glade air fresheners, the new FeBreeze ads, Sure Deodorant (though thats also been rebranded from Degree to Sure) to name a few. I rarely hear a US announcer unless totally necessary.

I find the dubbed European ads more annoying where the lips are not even in sync with what's being said.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'll never get those two minutes of my life back.

We know you have no opinion on anything but chocolate Big Macs and Corrie but please try harder.

Yes and the influence these shows have on their own lives comes across in American shows with a colourful mix of English words and slang thrown in which is great to hear.

Oh! I do wish I was as cool and cosmopolitan - but xenophobia is all I have left - BOO HOO.

What really amuses me is the number of hypnotised blundering buffoons that tread these hallowed halls - you REALLY believe that by bigging up America you'll somehow acquire some ASSmerican 'cool' - I've got news for you, it ain't working doood.

Time will assuredly tell.

Why are you so bitter? Also, why do you have so little faith in our culture, have you seen the success us Brits have had at the recent Oscar awards? So it is defiantly not a one way thing between us and the USA.

Archived