America - Go Home.

Is the increasing American influence in Europe/the world and particularly in the U.K a sign of things to come? Corporate bull-dozing of the national character?

As most people know America owns a good chunk of the U.K already but America is infiltrating minds in more subtle ways.

I don't need to go into too much detail - just count the number of American accents in T.V advertising and voice-overs on documentaries etc.

The, ''Extreme Excess is O.K,'' mantra of America is recruiting new subscribers daily and is alienating millions hourly.

Are we so impressed with everything American that we are blinded to the flimsy Disneyland fascade that hides mountains of stinking world threatening ecological/political activities?

I don't advocate speaking the 'Queens English' in fact regional accents are something to be encouraged imo but is American influence yet another aspect of the errosion of the British identity?

Hi America - I'm back!

OP = Fail.

Xenophobia is NOT and never will be, cool.

Is the increasing American influence in Europe/the world and particularly in the U.K a sign of things to come? Corporate bull-dozing of the national character?

As most people know America owns a good chunk of the U.K already but America is infiltrating minds in more subtle ways.

I don't need to go into too much detail - just count the number of American accents in T.V advertising and voice-overs on documentaries etc.

The, ''Extreme Excess is O.K,'' mantra of America is recruiting new subscribers daily and is alienating millions hourly.

Are we so impressed with everything American that we are blinded to the flimsy Disneyland fascade that hides mountains of stinking world threatening ecological/political activities?

I don't advocate speaking the 'Queens English' in fact regional accents are something to be encouraged imo but is American influence yet another aspect of the errosion of the British identity?

Hi America - I'm back!

Are you a muslim?

A lot of British TV shows have been exported in recent years including to the US. Weakest Link, Big Brother, Pop Idol, X Factor, WWTBAM, The Office, Strictly Come Dancing etc.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/04/export-television-shows-rises

The Americans seem to like British TV programmes, even if they do have to "Americanise" them :hihi:

There are a lot of great British shows available here.

Dr Who

Prime Suspect

Foyle's War

The Office

Downton Abbey

Inspector Lewis

Inspector Morse

Midsomer Murders

Keeping up Appearances

Waiting for God

and a lot more going back to the 1970s. Monty Python was big time for several years

In the 1980s Benny Hill caught on in a big way and developed a cult following for some years afterwards. The PC crowd got it yanked off the networks though

There are a lot of great British shows available here.

Dr Who

Prime Suspect

Foyle's War

The Office

Downton Abbey

Inspector Lewis

Inspector Morse

Midsomer Murders

Keeping up Appearances

Waiting for God

and a lot more going back to the 1970s. Monty Python was big time for several years

In the 1980s Benny Hill caught on in a big way and developed a cult following for some years afterwards. The PC crowd got it yanked off the networks though

Downton Abbey is the only good show in that whole list :hihi:

Archived