• Yes, of the unfairly increased proportion
    • Unsure.
    • No.
    • Other (please state)

Rotherham has just approved a rent increase of 9.45%

(Rents rose there last year by 8.69%)

Sheffield rents are rising by 7.8%

Barnsley rents are rising by 8.8%

This will be the tenth year of rent increases ABOVE inflation.

No new properties have been created with this extra money, salaries at the top of housing associations have risen massively (of which there are now many when previously there were few).

It is time we acted, we should take a leaf out of Mary Barbour's book.

We should oppose any rent increases and go on rent strike.

We should picket rent offices, we should picket housing benefit claims departments.

What has occurred is nothing but theft from the good people of South Yorkshire and the wider UK.

Continue paying your rent, but do not pay any of the increase.

If possible, jack in your job and claim housing benefit, bring the system to it's knees.

Enough is enough. The rentiers must learn a valuable lesson.

Di-dums, go rent private or buy then!!

Are you one of the subsidised rentiers?

You think I'm going to pay your pension? Your an enemy of the people and you've got another thing coming if you think property prices can only go up at the expense of my generation.

We have had enough, ain't going to pay it no more. And you can only divert so much into your grubby hands with HB.

Rotherham has just approved a rent increase of 9.45%

(Rents rose there last year by 8.69%)

Sheffield rents are rising by 7.8%

Barnsley rents are rising by 8.8%

This will be the tenth year of rent increases ABOVE inflation.

No new properties have been created with this extra money, salaries at the top of housing associations have risen massively (of which there are now many when previously there were few).

It is time we acted, we should take a leaf out of Mary Barbour's book.

We should oppose any rent increases and go on rent strike.

We should picket rent offices, we should picket housing benefit claims departments.

What has occurred is nothing but theft from the good people of South Yorkshire and the wider UK.

Continue paying your rent, but do not pay any of the increase.

If possible, jack in your job and claim housing benefit, bring the system to it's knees.

Enough is enough. The rentiers must learn a valuable lesson.

When they evict you for non payment of rent, could you let me know, I could do with a council house instead of renting private, I'm sure the rent would be significantly cheaper.

Many thanks

When they evict you for non payment of rent, could you let me know, I could do with a council house instead of renting private, I'm sure the rent would be significantly cheaper.

Many thanks

It's not going to be any cheaper if people get pussy whipped by the government into paying higher rents. 66% of people in social housing already get their rent paid by housing benefit as it is, so they have no real interest in lower rents (unles they wish to return to work). Higher rents just encourage them to stay on the dole as they gain less by going out to work (if anything at all).

If anything, taxpayers should support lower rents as they are paying for these higher rents in the form of housing benefit.

Besides, if you live in Barnsley, your in the position of having cheaper private rents than council rents, much like those in Hull.

And if evicted I'm not going down without a fight, so you can expect to be paying £40k per year to keep me.

It's not going to be any cheaper if people get pussy whipped by the government into paying higher rents. 66% of people in social housing already get their rent paid by housing benefit as it is, so they have no real interest in lower rents (unles they wish to return to work). Higher rents just encourage them to stay on the dole as they gain less by going out to work (if anything at all).

If anything, taxpayers should support lower rents as they are paying for these higher rents in the form of housing benefit.

Besides, if you live in Barnsley, your in the position of having cheaper private rents than council rents, much like those in Hull.

And if evicted I'm not going down without a fight, so you can expect to be paying £40k per year to keep me.

Really????....it's news to me.....Council houses in Barnsley must be bloody expensive then!!!!

Archived