49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the rent strike?

• Yes, of all rent
    • Yes, of the unfairly increased proportion
    • Unsure.
    • No.
    • Other (please state)

Are you one of the subsidised rentiers?

You think I'm going to pay your pension? Your an enemy of the people and you've got another thing coming if you think property prices can only go up at the expense of my generation.

We have had enough, ain't going to pay it no more. And you can only divert so much into your grubby hands with HB.

Is that generation whine?

Rotherham has just approved a rent increase of 9.45%

(Rents rose there last year by 8.69%)

Sheffield rents are rising by 7.8%

Barnsley rents are rising by 8.8%

This will be the tenth year of rent increases ABOVE inflation.

That’s because council house rents are gradually being brought rightly in line with private rents.

Funny that you should ask.

When I was born I was a human being. I still am, many years later.

As a human being I have this desire in me to occupy an house in which I can raise a family, perhaps with a garden, or maybe near a park. Such a life of luxury is currently denied to me and many others (primarily amongst my generation, but future and previous generation also), due to land monopoly amongst other things. I'm quite radical in the sense that I think other human beings should be able to do the same.

I did used to have a great interest in science and would have rather spent my time furthering society through that, but there are more pressing things taking up my attention. I've got a few Rachmans to keep, you see. So I can't afford to do normal human things anymore. Sometimes you feel like going on the rampage and qualifying for your 8 by 6. This society we live in, it is a disgrace.

You could try working and then buying a house like everyone else has to.

Maybe you could save enough to buy two houses and then live off the investment.

Its only a quid a day. All council tenants should be whipped. Then drug tested. Those that pass the drug test (including fags & booze) will not have to pay the rise. Those that dont pass, should be whipped again and pay double the increase.

You could try working and then buying a house like everyone else has to.

Maybe you could save enough to buy two houses and then live off the investment.

not everyone working can afford to buy a house. most people working now cant get a mortgage ( remember the banking fiasco) they wont be lending .

Archived