Do you support the rent strike?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the rent strike?

• Yes, of all rent
    • Yes, of the unfairly increased proportion
    • Unsure.
    • No.
    • Other (please state)

As a human being I have this desire in me to occupy an house in which I can raise a family, perhaps with a garden, or maybe near a park. Such a life of luxury is currently denied to me and many others......

there is absolutly nothing stopping you from doing this

millions of people before you have had to scrimp and save and go without in order to obtain and keep a home, perhaps you should try doing the same

there is absolutly nothing stopping you from doing this

millions of people before you have had to scrimp and save and go without in order to obtain and keep a home, perhaps you should try doing the same

Back when rent was less (inflation adjusted) and wages were higher (inflation adjusted).

Nowadays, doing so is practically impossible, especially when income is determined by the state.

Time to go on rent strike. ??? Hows that work out then when most of Bovveram is on the dole and claiming housing benefits ?

This is a sarcastic reply by the way. ;):hihi::hihi:

With 2/3rds being on housing benefit and without a job, and many more with jobs also requiring housing benefit, it's hard. People cannot break free of the benefit system by working, primarily because of the rent being too high relative to wages. But with housing benefit covering the rent, they aren't very interested in changing the system. Rent's increased and so did HB, but wages did not.

Thus housing is overpriced, and nobody has an incentive to work. Many sensible people have gone on the dole.

Is that generation whine?

Generation stab you up and burgle your house if things don't change pal.

I was speaking to some young ones earlier, they pull £90 a week for working 40 hours, go robbing of an evening to keep themselves in beer. I don't blame them. One of them has already made transition to unemployed and is en route to DLA.

Thieving is a way of getting by now. You gotta pay Rachman, might aswell rob the c*** and pay him with his own ill gotten.

It'll effect working people on low wage only. Those on a decent wage will have to grin and bear it, like the rest of the country and those on benefit will have it paid by the state. So it won't matter to them...

It will stop them from breaking free of benefits.

Rent and housing benefit rising faster than wages and the increase bears no resemblance to the productive part of the economy. The Rachman profits at the expense of the working man. Blatant theft.

Causes people to jack their jobs in and claim benefits. If they got to claim then when working, might aswell just claim them and not work.

It will stop them from breaking free of benefits.

Rent and housing benefit rising faster than wages and the increase bears no resemblance to the productive part of the economy. The Rachman profits at the expense of the working man. Blatant theft.

Causes people to jack their jobs in and claim benefits. If they got to claim then when working, might aswell just claim them and not work.

It does defy logic really. Rents may be too cheap..However, its funny to hear some rejoice at this....If only they thought it through and realised that it'll be them who's paying for it, in the long run..if as claimed all council tenants are on benefit.....:hihi:

It does defy logic really. Rents may be too cheap..However, its funny to hear some rejoice at this....If only they thought it through and realised that it'll be them who's paying for it, in the long run..if as claimed all council tenants are on benefit.....:hihi:

It is mental.

They claim social rents are cheap, because private rents are greater. Yet both sets of rent are effectively set by the government. And they are forced upwards again and again, above and beyond inflation.

It would be like saying £10 loaves of bread are cheap, because £20 loaves of bread cost more, right after the introduction of higher prices by the government, forcing the price up from 69p/loaf.

With the added madness that £10 loaves are covered by bread benefit, paid for by those whom pay £20/loave.

I think I must emigrate, I cannot afford to live amongst these cretins who will continually pay more and more without question.

Archived