Press TV Shutdown

Then you'll only be influenced by that one source, believe everything they say & wouldn't know if it was propaganda or not, just like the people in countries where they don't have the freedom to use multiple news sources. If you keep arguing against having the freedom to read whatever news sources you want before you know it we'll just have a Soviet Pravda style BBC.

:huh: But I've never argued "against having the freedom to read whatever news sources" all I've said is that Press TV is propaganda organisation only useful to those who would like to know what the Iranian regimes spin on current events is.

Good one, forgot about Galloway. How can they (Galloway, Booth, Livingston et al) put themselves on the payroll of a government that executes homosexuals and adulterers, they must be devoid of morals.

Their hypocrisy has no bounds.

I was a bit gutted when I heard Press TV had gone off air, on RT this morning.

It has been on the cards for some time though.

Still never mind, I've just downloaded the free, press tv application. ;)

Comes highly recommended if your tired of the UK propaganda beamed into your brains by our mainstream. I think it best to get another point of view, it's interesting to see what others think of "us". And they take delight in dishing the dirt, exposing the hypocrisy and crimes of our western governments.

if i was to parody the average western press tv fan it would go something like this

Comes highly recommended if your tired of the UK propaganda beamed into your brains by our mainstream. I think it best to get another point of view, it's interesting to see what others think of "us". And they take delight in dishing the dirt, exposing the hypocrisy and crimes of our western governments.

Comes highly recommended if your tired of the UK propaganda beamed into your brains by our mainstream.

You deride the western media as propaganda and yet you listen to Press TV and Russia Today?

Sorry but that is absurd. :hihi:

I never mentioned golden mean. Whether it's propaganda or news is down to your own opinion (or bias). One person's propaganda is another's important news, it's a bit like the distinction between freedom fighter or terrorist.

A lot of Iranians think the BBC is all propaganda.

All media is biased, it's impossible to create an unbiased news organisation, even if they make sure that they're only reporting facts they have to select what to report on or not.

Some things that aren't reported on by most UK media the Iranians will report & vice versa. If they're reporting on the same thing then they're likely to have a different perspective on it. It's good to hear as many different views as possible, even if you don't agree with them all. Even if it's completely & verifiably false propaganda it's good to know what those governments (or organisations) want their people to believe, you don't have to believe it yourself.

I read Pravda, Xinhua, Al Jazeera, Wall Street Journal, Kavkaz, NY Times & lots of other foreign news, as well as the usual UK news organisations.

In short, don't believe everything you read in any newspaper.

Spot on, Too many gullible people out there though, that believe everything they read in newspapers!!

Thanks for that, will download now :)

if i was to parody the average western press tv fan it would go something like this

vResistance isn't an average western Press TV fan. They distrust the mainstream media so much, if the BBC reported the football results they'd think it was part of some government conspiracy.

Archived