Why isn't there a bus from sheffield to leeds?

verydull

It does my head in sitting on a bus for 15 minutes getting back from town, never mind being on it for an hour at last to get that far. £3 on the Megabus isn't bad! To say it costs me £2.10 to go 2 miles to town! Saying that though, I have been to London for £1 on the megabus.

Would an hour's walk do your head in more?

You can get a bus to Barnsley, from there I'm sure you can get one to at least Wakefield and then another one from there to Leeds. There could be a direct Barnsley-Leeds one, I dunno.

Great if you've got all day to get there and back. The White Rose X32 and X33 services to Leeds and Bradford were great but the last time I caught one was about Xmas 2000. The train is better though, frequent and quicker.

There are hardly any coaches anywhere... I think there should be more.

The reason being the train fares have risen so much (I am sure there is another thread on this somewhere). There are occasions where I would be perfectly happy to sacrifice time/speed for a lower fare. Personal choice.

I am sure in this climate where every penny helps more people would jump on the coach over the train - even if it saved just a fiver. If you're doing the trip a couple of times a week - soon adds up!

Megabus is good value anyway, but I managed to get 2 free return tickets to Leeds from a January sale megabus had- only had to pay booking fee.

So two return tickets Sheffield to Leeds cost me 50p!! Even less than it would cost two school kids to get into town

Marvellous value :)

Archived