Why isn't there a bus from sheffield to leeds?

verydull

So, to summarise for the OP, there certainly are fairly frequent bus/coaches from Sheffield to both Leeds and Manchester.

For Leeds and Manchester try looking at National Express at; http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/index.cfm

or for Leeds go to Megabus at; http://uk.megabus.com/default.aspx

Megabus run from Meadowhall, National Express come into town and also call at Meadowhall. Fares are similar. Journey times are similar, depending on whether they call at Wakefield or elsewhere.

For speed the train is usually quicker, the service is much more frequent and at regular intervals - with several slower stopping train options. Trains are more expensive, and roughly twice the price for most journeys if paying full fares!

Bus/coaches can be held up by traffic and accidents on the M1. Trains can be held up when idiots steal signalling cables!

For those with Concessions like a South Yorkshire Pensioners Bus pass, it's a no brainer - if you travel after 9.00am it's still free - on trains. But the bus pass isn't valid on the coaches.

What about the X33 and X34 Coaches (what we used to call the Motorway buses), I know they don't go via the M1 anymore, they started going via all the little villages and towns, aren't they still running to Bradford and Leeds? If not, then it shows what a bad age we all live in.

You can get the train to Manchester for as little as £3 if you book online in advance at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.

As mentioned above there are coach services from Sheffield to Leeds and Manchester as well as frequent trains. Whats the point of this thread?

It's all about speed. Today's society moves along at a far greater rate than in the past.

By the way, there is no Sheffield to Worksop bus service and the route in between serves a lot of communiites.

The train service runs hourly and is reasonably priced so there is not really the demand for a bus service.

There is a TM Travel bus service funded by SYPTE that runs from Crystal Peaks to Worksop, connecting buses are available from Sheffield to Crystal Peaks.

You can get a bus to Barnsley, from there I'm sure you can get one to at least Wakefield and then another one from there to Leeds. There could be a direct Barnsley-Leeds one, I dunno.

There is a train from Sheffield to Leeds. There is also one from Chapeltown which stops at very small local stations. It goes via Barnsley and Wakefield but I can't remember if its Wakefield West gate or Kirk gate. I have also gone from Doncaster and Rotherham. Prices and journey time vary considerably.

Archived