How long a wait for a take away delivery?

How long are you prepared to wait before you get annoyed for a take away to be delivered when you pay extra for the delivery.

The Chinese at Meadowhead took our order at 6.40pm and delivered at 8.20pm after I rang to chase them. When it did arrive it was barely warm.

I'm not using them again after 25 years of trading with them because the service has gone down the pan as this is not a one off but we did stay loyal to them thinking it was a one off then a second time but no more.

i once waited 3 hours for mine and rang them 3 times before i got it

That happened to me once, he had apparently been 4 times, they had written down 25 instead of 52 for the house number, I also keep getting knocks at the door with number 25's food!

My worst though was when I ordered an indian via Justeat.co.uk - For £12 (special offer) I should have had 2 curries, 2 portions of rice, 2 naan breads, and chips, and a mint sauce.

It arrived, there were 2 curries, and a naan bread, and some sauce. Rang them up to complain, and he said "No, I have just taken over new management and you have to choose between rice, naan or chips now and you did not choose so it is your fault" LOL it never said that, nor did it give me any option of choice or even indicate that I had to make one. I noticed after I kicked off at him on the phone, he took the Justeat info off the next day, and replaced the menu. Shame the food was nice, as I won't be using them again :hihi:

Archived