How long a wait for a take away delivery?

i get really angry when i order at busy times - when everyone else is, like a friday or saturday tea time - and it takes a long time. Why should it take longer when they've "got more to do"?? its madness...

I think thats why mine tell me "it will be one hour" - If they say that to everyone, and get them all their food within 30 minutes, the customer feels happier.

Now, when they tell you "it will be abowww 25 minit, ok?" then they take 60 minutes, people will get angry.

I think thats why mine tell me "it will be one hour" - If they say that to everyone, and get them all their food within 30 minutes, the customer feels happier.

Now, when they tell you "it will be abowww 25 minit, ok?" then they take 60 minutes, people will get angry.

I presume if anyone has ordered a take away before - they know it'll take longer on a friday or saturday night...

you might as well moan about it being cold in winter or warm in july...

I presume if anyone has ordered a take away before - they know it'll take longer on a friday or saturday night...

you might as well moan about it being cold in winter or warm in july...

But its when they quote you a time, then take 2 or 3 times longer, would that not P you off? x

Don't you put more staff on at peak times???

How many take aways do you know that have more than few people working at them?

Dave's chip shop or Ali's curry take away isnt likely to have a large bank of staff who'll drop all to work an extra 2 hrs on a friday night...

My worst though was when I ordered an indian via Justeat.co.uk

We used them once too. They took our payment but wouldn't pass order onto takeaway. Rang takeaway to ask if they'd received it, and they said to order and pay over phone, then claim money from site! Like that would be easy! Contacted website live help (who were no help at all as they said it'd all gone through ok). An 1.5 hrs after placing order it was passed to chef; 2 hrs 15 mins later we had our food.

My worst though was when I ordered an indian via Justeat.co.uk

We used them once too. They took our payment but wouldn't pass order onto takeaway. Rang takeaway to ask if they'd received it, and they said to order and pay over phone, then claim money from site! Like that would be easy! Contacted website live help (who were no help at all as they said it'd all gone through ok). An 1.5 hrs after placing order it was passed to chef; 2 hrs 15 mins later we had our food.

I've used them a couple of times, that once for the Indian, the site did nothing wrong, the new owner of the takeaway was just useless and hadn't updated the online menus, and another time when I needed to find something open at 1.30am, orders went through fine on both occasions though :)

Did you have to pay twice then? x

Archived