How long a wait for a take away delivery?

I always opt to collect takeaways as the delivery drivers are usually sub normal morons.

Ever heard of the phrase "peanuts and monkeys" or "you pay for what you get"? As virtually all take aways delivery for free, do you really expect the delivery driver to pass conversation of The Guardian front page news story?

I occasionally have a take-away delivered - on a Friday or Saturday night they get very busy and have been quoted times of up to an hour. They've never been late to be fair.

I usually let the driver keep any change and it fosters good service.

I think that up to an hour's wait is reasonable at busy periods, if the takeaway is a good one then you could expect that sort of time imo. I'd be more concerned if I phoned at peak time and got my food within 15 minutes - that would suggest the place isn't very busy or very good.

ive worked at universal pizza and burger takeaway on the phones. and when we where busy i had to give a time of 46-60 mins.

thats right having worked in one , people sometimes dont realise its up to 20 mins to cook food if no queue for other existing orders. then 20min window frame to get to customer - thats providing if driver is available and not coming back from his other deliveries. and thats hoping the drivers delivers within time and finding correct door in time.

as for just eat orders : what happens is when you pay over internet. just eat holds these funds and take their commission then . only then the takeaway gets the money minus commission , minus monthly rental charge which is probably why they wanted customer to pay and obtain refund from justeat. justeat is a rip off for retailers

Archived