Phone insurance rip off!!

From a balanced point of view tho IF this is covered in there TnC they are well within there rights i mean come on it is a very stupid thing to do. I have worked for insurance companies and what you will find is alot of insurance companies have this clause that if the action you took to prevent it was not adequate you are not entitled to claim.

Which putting your phone next to the sink in my eyes is not exactly preventing an accident.

I'm not normally a fan of insurances I prefer to self cover, when you put the £6 into a tin every month and then use that if needed. We bought an iphone for the kid last year for his birthday/ xmas present combined and because my partner also has an iphone (I have an old clam shell retro phone I'm too tight to spend £silly on phones) we tried to insure both instead of putting money into the tin. A 15 year old is more likely to lose it so we decided that would be the best way. The cheapest comprehensive insurance we could get was £14 per month. My bank offered an upgraded current account at £12 per month which includes gadget cover for three gadgets and very few T&C's so we took that (it also has green flag breakdown and travel insurance) inevitably the kid dropped the phone down the loo :roll: and the gadget cover sent a brand new iphone 4s within the week, the excess was £25. It's more expensive if you have only one phone to cover but if you have two or more and especially if you buy breakdown cover already you could make a saving by upgrading your bank account.

Well the first thing to mention is your wrong.

I will not deny its a profit making business sector.

I will however deny all insurance is a con purely because it isn't if its used in the right way the only people who tend to think all insurance is a con are people that knowingly misuse it and then think its a con when there claim is rejected.

What people need to realise is all these big insurance companies have to make ends meet, have to pay wages so its not ethical to warrant every single claim because the amount of false claims would be through the roof.

And the main thing your wrong about is the theory its not about giving it away this is NOT how companies make there money a previous company i worked for who has sold millions of policies and has millions of happy customers did a survey over time and we found that the percentage of customers that do actually claim is between 6-10% so there is honestly no need to scam people as they make enough money anyway.

All insurance is a con. These comapnies are in business to generate wealth for themselves, not give it away, why haven't people realised that?

From a balanced point of view tho IF this is covered in there TnC they are well within there rights i mean come on it is a very stupid thing to do. I have worked for insurance companies and what you will find is alot of insurance companies have this clause that if the action you took to prevent it was not adequate you are not entitled to claim.

Which putting your phone next to the sink in my eyes is not exactly preventing an accident.

You're saying that dropping a phone is a stupid thing to do and shouldn't be covered under accidental damage cover?

Where it lands isn't really important is it, the accident is in dropping it, and using a phone in the kitchen is pretty normal, not stupid.

Archived