The rise of the overclass

Equality is about more than just money. It's about power and influence too. Without friends in the right places it's difficult to get a foothold in a great many walks of life.

Croneyism is rife.

Some people are only just waking up to the fact, and realising just what a blatent lie it was when Cameron had the cheek to claim 'We're all in this together.'

Not only a lie, but a measure of his contempt for the people he governs to think they would be stupid enough to fall for it. He' must be so regretting it now.

It is real scary to think that supposedly intelligent people can mess with the very survival of the planet by converting its resourses into lolly and stashing most of it in the banks that they own.

It's their kindergarten mentallity that amazes me - 'I'm gonna eat all the cream buns before he does.'

Yet, these super-rich have been 'keeping it in the family for decades so maybe they are intelligent - but so genetically inbred that they are simply insane.

Why all the shock/horror. Torys have always been a load of crooks. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask....

Why do people say things like that when it patently isn't true. :confused:

Edward Heath wasn't a strong politician, but I don't remember him being a crook. John Major came from fairly humble beginnings, but I don't think he was a crook either. But here's a bonny bunch, and not a Tory amongst them. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/8959396/MPs-expenses-jailed-trio-ordered-to-pay-back-legal-costs.html

I think your statement is quite offensive to many ordinary people. My father, who died many years ago, was a member of the Conservative and Unionist Party, and he was a very honest man who would have given away his last penny to someone in need.

The only realistic way forward for England now is to drastically limit inheritance so that the vast majority of an estate goes to the nation for the benefit of the nation. The deficit would very quickly be paid off. In this way we would create a prosperous country where people are born truly equal within a generation. What better gift than equality can we give anyone? There would be money available for training and crime would shrink drastically as people see the inequalities of life disappear.

The only realistic way forward for England now is to drastically limit inheritance so that the vast majority of an estate goes to the nation for the benefit of the nation. The deficit would very quickly be paid off. In this way we would create a prosperous country where people are born truly equal within a generation. What better gift than equality can we give anyone? There would be money available for training and crime would shrink drastically as people see the inequalities of life disappear.

This is what I've been saying for years, unfortunately policies like this aren't popular with the people that rule this country using inherited wealth.

Archived