Driving tests weird experience

Didn,t know you could drive Class 1 at 19 Tom?.:huh:

I new some one would come back with that one,I was in the army,and before you say it they don't give licences away like lollipops, the HGV driving course in the army is a 4 week course and a very hard course to pass with loads of army crap involved and you don't get a second chance.

I new some one would come back with that one,I was in the army,and before you say it they don't give licences away like lollipops, the HGV driving course in the army is a 4 week course and a very hard course to pass with loads of army crap involved and you don't get a second chance.

I thought that may have been how you got it at 19 Tom my son got his the same way but it was only valid at that age while serving in the forces.

The lack of ability in the spelling dept points to a general low level of education.We need better drivers not half illiterate ones.If you use spell check no one will know you have a problem and seeing words spelt correctly will help you to improve your own spelling.

Not always, some people have other problems. My husband isn't the best speller due to dyslexia, but he drives for a living... well.

PS- next time you want to criticise someone on their spelling... try spelling correctly yourself.

I thought that may have been how you got it at 19 Tom my son got his the same way but it was only valid at that age while serving in the forces.

No its the same as a civi licence there are some different numbers on it that the coppers know to tell them what type of licence it is, I was diving the very next day after passing they had me driving a Thornycroft Antar tank trans porter talk about being thrown in at the deep end.

You only have to be 18 these days

Yes that's true they have recently dropped the age to 18 hoping to get more HGV drivers as the average age of most HGV drivers is over 50,problem is most firms don't like setting young drivers on as they tend to course damage to things

plus the lessons and the test cost so much money nowadays.

You only have to be 18 these days

Didn,t know they had dropped the age=is that for all categories of HGV.?

I decided to let mine lapse last week when i reached 66 as i have now retired and the cost of renewing it for 12 months at a time is far too expensive.

Didn,t know they had dropped the age=is that for all categories of HGV.?

I decided to let mine lapse last week when i reached 66 as i have now retired and the cost of renewing it for 12 months at a time is far too expensive.

Yes all classes you can start taking c class driving lessons at 18 now,you should never let your HGV licences go I don't like driving myself but it is always a fall back for me when I cant get any other work in,most of the firms prefer the old boys and there is always plenty of agency's around, I know a few drivers who are nearly 70 years old and still driving HGV.

Archived