Catfishing tip please

steviec65

I tried all last year on uk catfish waters but didnt get one. I think i had one on at fosshill, it nearly took rod and pod in, i hit it and had it on, but it come off, it bit through 15lb braid. I will keep trying though, ive had runs off them but their clever and spit bait out before you strike. Is it methods or venues your after?

can anyone recommend any good tips for cafishing all ideas welcome cheers
The best tip that i can give on catching cats is do not waste your tim in winter it just wont happen.The summer on the other hand,is a differant ball game just used one rod with stepped up carp gear ie boilies.On the other rod use a dead bait pop it up with a polly ball just below the surface.Make sure that your gear is up to the job though,because cats are unreal once hooked.I had the one from bradleys a few years ago at 31 just.There are two cats in this small pond,i have also seen pictures of a cat at 36 out of crooks vally caught 2009.Alot of people like braid has a hooklink material but i like to use mono.good luck and tight lines.............................tyke.................................................

there is one at aston ponds complex, ive not seen it however i have seen some bubbles that can only be described as a hoover on the bottom of the pond moving about,

or you can go to the ebro in spain, i know which i would go for ???

Don't go through a fishing company, Just get a few mates a drive over there mate.Take plenty of large leads and main line braid all though i took mono 100 lb breaking strain for hook links and braided reel line,I have done france to for cats and on most of the sou there is no night fishing,and i think that live baiting is banned on some streches.Boilies work a treat in the river ebro,and sou all though small carp tench or boot laces were the in thing while i was there.You will need to sort a licence out once there.I like spain best just because the family can have a great time with you during the day and at night when there all tucked up its out on the hunt for cats.take buckets of large halibet pellets,plenty of large hooks.but pellets are what you will need most of,we bought the live boot laces,tench,carp from some locals.we cheated by watching what the guides were doing for the first day.Sound daft but we took a small blow up dingy,this was one of the most valued bits of kit we took,but we still caught from casting too from the bank.all in all we loved it,we hired a mini bus,all the tackle went on the roof rack and in the back of the van with kids wife and two mates.

Archived