What is happening with ebay?

Hello everyone, i have been selling on ebay for quite a while, i personally am getting fed up with the price of their fees and how they treat their sellers that keep ebay going. ebay claim that they are as much for the seller as they are for the buyer, however the term ''the customer is always right'' springs to mind when it comes to transactions. ebay have recently stopped the seller from leaving negative feedback which i feel is 100% wrong, this means that if you are just a buyer on ebay you will never have a feedback score of below 100% positive no matter how poorly you treat the seller. how is this fair to sellers?? if a customer opens a dispute against you, they also automatically put the seller to blame without listening to your side of the argument. sorry for the big rant but i just wonder how long it will take before someone comes up with a free (or lower percentage fees) site that has a good chance of taking on ebay and treats both buyers and sellers fairly? i know about ebid etc but they get nowhere near as much traffic as ebay and i just wonder why????:rant::rant::)

This is all so true. I sold something, marked it clearly that it was to be sent by courier. The customer refused the goods and is now demanding I resend via royal mail at a vastly increased shipping rate.

You just can't win. eBay will, of course, side with the buyer.

This is all so true. I sold something, marked it clearly that it was to be sent by courier. The customer refused the goods and is now demanding I resend via royal mail at a vastly increased shipping rate.

You just can't win. eBay will, of course, side with the buyer.

Why?

What difference does this make to the buyer? :confused:

I sold my iphone via ebay in the last week or so, what annoyed me was the actual cap they placed on the postage fees. There was a max limit of £7.75 they would let me charge for sending by special delivery, yet it cost £9.05 to send not to mention packaging materials.

It's been like this for a while now. They stopped sellers leaving neg feedback a long time ago and I've yet to hear from a single person who thinks this was a good idea. It just encourages scammers and idiot buyers. There's been a huge backlash in the eBay forums from all the big sellers; everyone would like to see an auction site to rival eBay, possibly from someone like Google. As it stands, eBay can pretty much do what it likes because it has no decent competition.

I sold my iphone via ebay in the last week or so, what annoyed me was the actual cap they placed on the postage fees. There was a max limit of £7.75 they would let me charge for sending by special delivery, yet it cost £9.05 to send not to mention packaging materials.

Clothing is capped at £4

So you get overcharged for a 0-3 month sized top, where they charge you £4

You get robbed as a seller selling anything big or heavy, say an XXXL mens thick coat, you can only charge £4 - And probably end up paying over £7 for RM standard parcels, without sending recorded.

Same as a wedding dress, £4 max but would cost about £10+ to send some of them via RM

Yes I have heard that eBay have started employing chimpanzees to save money.

Archived