Dog attacks girl, 6

come on - I'm not saying that ALL the usual suspect breeds will attack people or other dogs, or that all the owners of these dogs are chavs/macho inadequates/psychopaths or crack dealers - I'm saying that certain breeds of dog are responsible for the majority of serious attacks and injuries. the bloke who's dog bit the kids ear off was 56, he didn't intend a child to be mutilated, but he chose that breed of dog ( a 'bull terrier') and the child and he family paid the price. if my dog went berserk, (possible) the results wouldn't be as serious. that's bloody obvious and you know it as well as I do.

I don't think it's in dispute as to what the mouth of a Bull Terrier type is capable of, it's a shame that it's what most people know them for though.

I suppose i've been fortunate to work with many different breeds of dog and i'll be honest until then I was unfamiliar with Staffs, Akita's, Rotties and Pits. The thought of getting in with any of these was scary because all i knew was what I had been spoon fed in the media. I bought books to learn about them and I took my time in getting to know them. Yes at any time any one of them could have snapped but they didn't and many turned out to be the friendliest. I'm not saying that the world should change its opinion because of me but in 4 years I witnessed maybe 10 dogs that were rightfully destroyed.

As to whether another breed could inflict similar injuries, I suggest that all of them can where a child is concerned.

I don't know what you want me to say here Frank.

I would/will have a Staffy and I have a lot of admiration for Rottweilers also. Pitbulls, i've known some beauties, some of them more affectionate than standard dogs and in another world yes I would entertain having one.

Archived