Dog attacks girl, 6

exactly, try discussing dangerous breeds on the 'pet lovers' bit of the forum - if a child is damaged by a molester there's (rightly) a storm of reaction, but the staffie/pitbull/mastiff brigade will not see that their 'right' to own these things is outweighed by the right of others to live in peace.

the owner of this dog isn't a 20 year old chav - he's a 50 odd year old middle aged man , one who is hopefully looking at jail time - he left a severely injured 6 year old girl on the ground,more concerned about himself and his doggie than the life and welfare of a kid - what a scumbag.

I've had many discussions on the pet forum about bull breeds/Mastiffs/Pit Bull types and the same argument raises it's head. There are those that defend and those that don't. There are those that have worked with these types and those that have not. I like dogs so i don't differentiate between breeds or types. There are respectful owners of all the breeds that make the newspaper headlines so of course they will defend the breed but this doesn't mean that they accept incidences like this most recent one, the opposite in fact.

Not all owners of Staff's are 'chavs' and not all 'chav' owners have staffs that behave in this way

I must be going blind because I can't see where it says what breed of dog it is.

My daughter . Oh she must be such a rough person, has a stafford shire bull terrier and a husky / staffy cross ..both are let off leads in the woods but called back if she sees someone or someone with other dogs.

I'll tell her how rough she must be, but I guess she already knows the ignorance of some people.

Some of you are utterly laughable and remind me of little old people with narrow views. ALL dogs can be dangerous, no matter what size or breed, and responsible owners are aware that, like people, some dogs don't like others and in a most cases, when there are children running around, you keep your dog close as they are likely to want to join in.

The biggoted views of some of you on here is so amusing ....

Its clear that all children should be on leads to prevent any further travesties.

I dare you to contact the family of the 6 year old with shoulder, neck and facial injuries and an ear bitten off and pass on your opinion/joke/whatever it is supposed to be.

I must be going blind because I can't see where it says what breed of dog it is.

My daughter . Oh she must be such a rough person, has a stafford shire bull terrier and a husky / staffy cross ..both are let off leads in the woods but called back if she sees someone or someone with other dogs.

I'll tell her how rough she must be, but I guess she already knows the ignorance of some people.

Some of you are utterly laughable and remind me of little old people with narrow views. ALL dogs can be dangerous, no matter what size or breed, and responsible owners are aware that, like people, some dogs don't like others and in a most cases, when there are children running around, you keep your dog close as they are likely to want to join in.

The biggoted views of some of you on here is so amusing ....

It says thought to be a bull type, that's sufficient enough to go on Saffy, you know how it works by now.

I dare you to contact the family of the 6 year old with shoulder, neck and facial injuries and an ear bitten off and pass on your opinion/joke/whatever it is supposed to be.

It was a tongue in cheek dig at those dog owners who feel their pets will never do any wrong and feel its their god given right to allow their dogs to run about in any public place without a lead, and if you read my comments on previous threads of this type you'd know this.

I've lost count at the number of times I've seen a roaming dog go upto a dog on a lead and a scrap ensues, with the owner running up and trying to drag it away.

Its a shame you didn't see that.

I've had many discussions on the pet forum about bull breeds/Mastiffs/Pit Bull types and the same argument raises it's head. There are those that defend and those that don't. There are those that have worked with these types and those that have not. I like dogs so i don't differentiate between breeds or types. There are respectful owners of all the breeds that make the newspaper headlines so of course they will defend the breed but this doesn't mean that they accept incidences like this most recent one, the opposite in fact.

Not all owners of Staff's are 'chavs' and not all 'chav' owners have staffs that behave in this way

that was my point murphy, the sicko who left the child WASN'T a young chav - he was 50 odd.

also if you don't 'differentiate between breeds' then you know bugger all about dogs -oh look a ridgeback and over there is an american pitbull terrier, and there's a yorkie, they are all equally aggressive and powerful.

you don't really believe that - be honest

It was a tongue in cheek dig at those dog owners who feel their pets will never do any wrong and feel its their god given right to allow their dogs to run about in any public place without a lead, and if you read my comments on previous threads of this type you'd know this.

I've lost count at the number of times I've seen a roaming dog go upto a dog on a lead and a scrap ensues, with the owner running up and trying to drag it away.

Its a shame you didn't see that.

sorry!! seems my sense of humour has deserted me today.

in my defence , I'm furious at the news of this child and sick to chuffin' death of the staffie brigade.

apologies.

I think the problem is that most people treat dogs like children, they are not children, they are animals and don't understand everything you tell them to do. once they have done something like this you can't tell them off and tell them not to do it again an then it won't do it. They need to be put to sleep or locked away day and night so they haven't got the chance to do it again. No life for the dog being locked away though, is it.

If it did become illegal to walk a dog without a muzzle, these people that complain and say they won't muzzle their dog are also owners that need blaming for things like this happening! If it helps for things like this to stop, its worth doing without complaining.

I think the problem is that most people treat dogs like children, they are not children, they are animals and don't understand everything you tell them to do. once they have done something like this you can't tell them off and tell them not to do it again an then it won't do it. They need to be put to sleep or locked away day and night so they haven't got the chance to do it again. No life for the dog being locked away though, is it.

If it did become illegal to walk a dog without a muzzle, these people that complain and say they won't muzzle their dog are also owners that need blaming for things like this happening! If it helps for things like this to stop, its worth doing without complaining.

very wise caitlin - dogs are not people and different breeds are differently dangerous, if you choose to own a dog capable of inflicting serious harm , then surely you can put a muzzle on it - it doesn't affect the dog in any way except to stop it biting - it can breathe normally, run and jump - 'fetch' might be difficult.

the rule has to be - dog bites, dog dies.

whats the point in introducing laws, who is going to police it and enforce it. just look at the dog dirt all over even where the signs say pick it up. i am sick of going for a walk and seeing little bags of s... in trees, it should be the owners that are swinging from trees.

Archived