The Inn at Troway..

BenW

Decided to try the Inn at Troway for a Saturday night treat last night.

Fantastic food and great Thornbridge Ales.

Lovely pub, nicely decorated etc.....

However..... Totally incompetent staff, :rant: had problems with them from the moment I phoned to book a table, to the Moment I paid my bill, ( overcharged!) and left.

Such a shame, needless to say I was very disappointed and will never go back.

:rant:

I'm surprised you encountered any of the staff, they usually congregate to smoke in the food/freezer store on the lane down to Troway?

I was amused at the banner they put up last summer ... 'Fish and Chips, 2 for £30' ... ha, ha!!!! ... one way of getting rid of custom?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really suprised at some of these comments as I've always had great service and great food. Hubby and I are foodies and regularly travel to London and other cities given that great eateries are so rare in Sheffield.

Not once have we had a problem and were so impressed on our first visit that we signed up to the prestige membership.

We've probably had around a dozen visits now with different groups of friends and family and all have been more than happy with the food. Service, I've found is friendly and attentive.

I'd really recommend a visit

• 4 years later...

After having been to the inn at troway more or less weekly for some time we went last night to find it closed for a function. There was no mention of it the week before and nothing on their website. If anyone is planning a trip out it might be worth checking.

Instead we went to the Angel at holmesfield and had a much nicer meal.

Not a sensible business model!