Is It Illegal To Shoot Squirrels??

We have a frequent unwelcome visitor in our garden a grey squirrel he pops in about half a dozen times a day.He is a persirtent little swine at eating all the nuts and seeds plus the fat balls I put out for the wild birds,he,s destroyed quite a few of the food holders I,ve been using,the ones I have now are very robust but he chews through them in short time.Our lass is getting paronoid about him I can,t help but laugh watching her chase him off with the yard brush,he,s costing me a fortune in bird food so I may have to execute him,the question is can I shoot him legally or will I be lining myself up for trouble with the RSPA or any other body?.Anyone on the Forum can you help with my dilemma??.:confused::roll::help:

hope this helps

It is an offence to fire an air rifle pellet beyond the land where you have permission to shoot, unless the occupier of the neighbouring land has also given you permission. Where someone under 14 is shooting, both the young person and the supervising adult can be prosecuted.

It is also against the law, in England and Wales, to fire an air rifle within 50 feet of the centre of a highway if this results in someone being injured, interrupted or endangered. These offences could be committed, for example, when someone is shooting in their garden close to a road and the pellets ricochet onto the highway.

Archived