Is It Illegal To Shoot Squirrels??

No they don't. The worst cuplrits at that are magpies and OP wants to shoot one squirrel for eating a few peanuts. I have a mating pair that has frequented my garden for at least 4 years and never encountered any problems

You've personally monitored the local bird population have you?

I see.

So, if as a species they had social organisation, would that make them suddenly become equal?

No it wouldn't, but it would de-emphasise the need for physical strength and personal ambition as the main driver to thriving among the group.

How do you suppose Squirrels regard Humans?

Think of all the damage and destruction mankind has done to their natural habitat. Squirrels and other wildlife would have more natural places to live if Humans didnt destroy this habitat to make way for crap housing estates.

Squirrels would much rather live in a tree than in somebodys loft space. We have Squirrels in our garden and they nest in a large nearby Oak tree despite being surrounded by Houses. Perhaps if people stopped chopping down trees for stupid reasons like 'to make their gardens brighter'.. then the Squirrels may have more favourable places to live than in your loft with the Xmas trimmings.

As for Squirrels carrying disease - Urban myth.

Grey squirrels aren't native to the UK, so without humans they wouldn't be hear at all.

Personally I would shoot as they are vermin but I suppose you could catch it in one of those humane traps and release it elsewhere I suppose :)
Nope, because they are vermin it's illegal to release them - if you trap them they have to be killed.

Thats fine and dandy Angel. Good hunting i say. :thumbsup:

It isnt a crime to kill Grey Squirrels and obviously killing small animals with your big gun is a turn on so get on with it mate. I have heard about you 'country folk' before.. Are you sure your wife isnt your sister? :D

My only beef with your posts is that you seem to be under the impression that the Greys are aggressive toward the Red and are responsible for the Reds demise. I am merely addressing your inaccurate portrayal of 'Fact' and attempting to inform you of the reality surrounding this myth. :)

Sorry wrong again, I use my "big gun" for culling deer and wild goat, my shotgun for bird hunting, my small rifle for fox and air gun for rat and squirell bashing, unless they are "at home" then a good dose of heavy shotgun shell through the drey does the business. You have to protect our Reds.

Angel.

Sorry wrong again, I use my "big gun" for culling deer and wild goat, my shotgun for bird hunting, my small rifle for fox and air gun for rat and squirell bashing, unless they are "at home" then a good dose of heavy shotgun shell through the drey does the business. You have to protect our Reds.

Angel.

You know that the Reds shipped out a long time ago don't you so your good deeds go unnoticed :D

If you really are serious about helping them you should maybe consider campaigning against deforestation, a much worthier cause.

Angel.

I can just imagine you with your big gun.

If you really are serious about helping them you should maybe consider campaigning against deforestation, a much worthier cause.

It wouldn't offer the same compensations as big guns though. Focussing so much on all that wood could have quite an undermining effect on some people.

Archived