Is It Illegal To Shoot Squirrels??

Squirrels are a problem where I live. There are predators (though perhaps not quite enough.) If people don't feed the squirrels, the problem is fairly small, but when they do (and some idiots do feed them - in spite of having been asked not to feed wildlife) then the problem soon becomes large. They are pretty good at getting into attics, they crap all over the place when they do and they are also fairly destructive.

There is a great deal of wildlife where I live. Some of it is fairly tame (Sand hill Cranes don't bother to get out of your way unless they think you are going to walk on them ;)) other creatures are not so tame. People are requested not to feed the wildlife (they do a pretty good job of feeding themselves).

I stick bird food out in containers and the squirrels run off with them.

I have the means to put their fore head to the back of their minds but am in a built up area so don't want to risk it.

I have to let them get on with it and just shoot the blooming things where I am allowed. At least then I justify it and am at least keeping some of the verminous numbers down.

:loopy:yes in your opinion :gag:

I have a friend who shoots squirrels on a farmers land. The farmers says as a result of his efforts the number of rare birds has increased dramatically on his land. You should stop thinking with your "oh how cute that is" maternal brain and realise that grey squirrels are a species that needs population control.

Whats more if you're a meat eater then you're the biggest of hypocrites. Pigs are very intelligent, lambs/calves are very cute, chickens are nice pets but people don't think twice about locking them up in tiny cages and slaughtering them for meat..

Archived