Is It Illegal To Shoot Squirrels??

Why the hell would anyone want to shoot a defenceless creature for eating a few peanuts? Some of you lot need a bit of basic human kindness, we are not superior beings. :roll::roll:

Grey squirrels are an invasive species and a major pest. They decimate local small bird populations, eating their eggs and chicks and cause extensive damage to trees (and bird feeders).

Grey squirrels are an invasive species and a major pest. They decimate local small bird populations, eating their eggs and chicks and cause extensive damage to trees (and bird feeders).

No they don't. The worst cuplrits at that are magpies and OP wants to shoot one squirrel for eating a few peanuts. I have a mating pair that has frequented my garden for at least 4 years and never encountered any problems

A friend of mine was handed a bill for nearly £3,000 for repairs to the roofspace after a squizzer gnawed through the Trusses- the flippin' roof could have collapsed in on them had they not noticed the things disappearing in to the house at gutter level :rant:

Even my next door neighbours (in their 80's) had a problem with them in the roofspace, they chewed through the facia board at the corner of the house and were in chewing wiring for the upstairs lights, how they didn't get killed with the electric i'll never know:confused:

He had the hole covered over with some UPVC but they chewed through that and were in again!!!!

He then had it reapired with sheet steel, that deterred them ;)

Biggsy:)

A friend of mine was handed a bill for nearly £3,000 for repairs to the roofspace after a squizzer gnawed through the Trusses- the flippin' roof could have collapsed in on them had they not noticed the things disappearing in to the house at gutter level :rant:

Even my next door neighbours (in their 80's) had a problem with them in the roofspace, they chewed through the facia board at the corner of the house and were in chewing wiring for the upstairs lights, how they didn't get killed with the electric i'll never know:confused:

He had the hole covered over with some UPVC but they chewed through that and were in again!!!!

He then had it reapired with sheet steel, that deterred them ;)

Biggsy:)

But they didn't shoot them did they? and especially not for a few peanuts

Not sure I'd shoot one for fear of shooting beyond the boundary and hurting something or someone on an adjacent property. A trap seems more suitable (to me).

Once you've caught it though, how would someone go about 'disposing' of a live squirrel?

G

Archived