Is It Illegal To Shoot Squirrels??

would this debate have been developed as it has done if the OP had said rat instead of squirrel?

top and bottom of it, they are vermin (as someone correctly pointed out earlier......''a rat with a bushy tail!'')

Damn, you just beat me to it.

As for squirrel proof bird feeders, I have 4, they don't work.

Will you think that the foxes are quite so lovely when they rip the face of a small child?

Cr@p argument, given the amount of chavs and dogs there are in the uk with no control of their dogs, a few cases of foxes against 1,000s of dog incidents doesn't rate them as a threat to humans.

To the O/P maybe shoot your mrs as she's the aggressive element running around uncontrolled trying to hit things:roll:

would this debate have been developed as it has done if the OP had said rat instead of squirrel?

top and bottom of it, they are vermin (as someone correctly pointed out earlier......''a rat with a bushy tail!'')

I'd have said borrow our cat, he seems think nothing of leaving 3 or 4 on our door step in various stages of digestion.

no only red ones which are prtected the same as the very rare black squirel of which there only about 200 left in the wildbut why would you want to kill squirels unless your gonna eat them, like they say with some meat it does actualy taste like chicken but dont eat one if your ellergic to nuts

So you want to kill a wild animal because it is eating the food you left out for wild animals?

Well said, if was really a problem I'd trap it and release away from the area. I don't get the mentally of shooting anything, I just think yeah BigMan no offense to the O/P like others have said unless you're gonna skin it and eat it afterwards, it all sounds abit twatish its not damaging your property on a plus side your Mrs is getting a bit of exercise out of it.

My question is what makes you that upset with it, that you need to be so violent? is it maybe smarter than you, is that upsetting you?

we've had a vixen screaming during the night in our garden, it was living under our shed, at no point did we think to shoot it, just trapped it and moved it to a local cemetery they were happy to have it to help with the pest control of rats and small verminthey have running around.

end of the day pest are pests and humans are just something else.

Archived