Most economical return trip to Torquay

We are looking to book a 5 to 7 day break to Torquay this summer, there will be 2 x adults 1 x child age 10 & 1 pensioner, we may have to take a mobility scooter if we cannot hire one in Torquay. We do have access to a car but wondered if fuel costs length of journey time etc would be too much to cope with, as we would need to stop at least every 90 minutes for comfort break etc due to my mother being unable to sit for prolonged periods.

The trip will be during the 6 week holidays.

What kind of experience has anyone had with coach or rail, price comfort etc, any tips would be very gratefully received, cheers

We are looking to book a 5 to 7 day break to Torquay this summer, there will be 2 x adults 1 x child age 10 & 1 pensioner, we may have to take a mobility scooter if we cannot hire one in Torquay. We do have access to a car but wondered if fuel costs length of journey time etc would be too much to cope with, as we would need to stop at least every 90 minutes for comfort break etc due to my mother being unable to sit for prolonged periods.

The trip will be during the 6 week holidays.

What kind of experience has anyone had with coach or rail, price comfort etc, any tips would be very gratefully received, cheers

If you're going to have to stop every 90 minutes, maybe the car is the best option.

the main reason for the stops are for my mother to stretch her legs for a few minutes, i am presuming that you can move around a little on a coach or train, cheers for the advise so far, but it's certainly looking likely to be a train if i can get a reasonable deal,

the main reason for the stops are for my mother to stretch her legs for a few minutes, i am presuming that you can move around a little on a coach or train, cheers for the advise so far, but it's certainly looking likely to be a train if i can get a reasonable deal,

The driver won't like it if she keeps getting up to stretch her legs on the coach. You have to sit the whole way unless you're off to the toilet. Coaches are also a lot less steady than a train so she might go flying when she stands up. I'd say train or car is your best bet.

Wow, i am gobsmacked, i just tried to get some rough quotes for travel by train, it would only let me pre book upto july, and the price came back at over £800.00. i presume it will only get more expensive during the hight of the summer season, I could book return flights to Las Vegas for that kind of price, Looking likely to be a car journey now, i just cannot see how the rail prices can be justified.

Archived