Best type of mens wedding ring for manual worker?

For practical and safety reasons I wouldn’t wear a ring if you are doing manual work.

Thats what I was going to say. I almost pulled my finger off when hands were cold working outside. Its easy to get something caught under your wedding ring and rip your finger off. Wear your ring when not working.

Tungsten is all very well and is seriously scratch resistant (no marks on my tungsten ring in over 5 years) but they are very brittle, so are likely to crack and split easier than some of the more ductile, but more easily scratched, metals.

I'd go with a low profile stainless steel or titanium court shaped ring, both of which should set you back well under £50.

It's not that much cheaper and at half the density it doesn't have the reassuringly weighty feel of platinum.

jb

Not sure if you're trolling but anyway, Palladium 950 5mm mens medium weight court shaped I 1/2 £205.71. Same in Platinum 950 £664.73. Less than 1/3 of the price. http://www.weddingrings-direct.com/

It's density is pretty similar to white gold and more than silver, which again is more expensive than Palladium. Although, the titanium equivalent is £67.01 so probably the better bet.

I'm also wondering about alternative rings -- what do men do who have wonky/weird fingers? Choose not to wear one?

Has anyone opted for non-ring options, such as a kind of wedding bracelet or bangle?

Not sure if you're trolling but anyway, Palladium 950 5mm mens medium weight court shaped I 1/2 £205.71. Same in Platinum 950 £664.73. Less than 1/3 of the price. http://www.weddingrings-direct.com/

It's density is pretty similar to white gold and more than silver, which again is more expensive than Palladium. Although, the titanium equivalent is £67.01 so probably the better bet.

Not trolling at all. Simply going by what I found to be the difference in price when getting my fiancées engagement ring in platinum vs palladium, and in pricing up our wedding rings. At the time the ring in Pd was only £200 cheaper on a £1200 ring making it a no brainer. Platinum all the way. Bear in mind that the cost of rare metals changes all the time (the same Pt ring I got for my fiance has risen in price by £250 in 3 mnths), it wasn't so long ago that a Pd ring would cost you more than a Pt one.

5mm court shape wedding ring Pd £416

5mm court shape wedding ring Pt £636

http://www.diamond-heaven.co.uk/product-detail.cfm?theProductID=54D6F672-CA20-9526-B9545008FA624E57.

For me the extra weight is worth it.

jb

• 5 months later...

Archived