Eastwood, Rotherham - anyone know what its like?

My eldest son is a surveyor and this is part of the area he covers and believe me the previous comments are being kind to Eastwood. The things he has had to put up with there are dreadful. One house for example every room upstairs and down had at least 6 mattresses in them with people asleep on most of them. What they were doing is sleeping in the day whilst working nights and then the ones who worked in the day slept in them at night. He was just expecting one Polish family when he got there as this is who the landlord had rented the house to.

What decision did you come to.

Still contemplating it, have seen a lovely house in Kimberworth, but with only 1 car and my partner needing this for work in Doncaster, with me requiring a bus down to Brightside, this could be just "out of the way" sadly. That is one of the reasons why we were looking at Eastwood and did wonder why house prices were relatively cheap, £59,995 for a 4 bed semi-detached property on a small cul-de-sac. Only been up since 1999 too.

Archived