Capping benefits to £26,000 a year - I think its wrong, do you?

What about the workers who are on benefits? (legally, of course) It's possible to claim housing benefit if you're working in a low paid job in some situations.

Some foreign holidays can be not much more than living in this country, late deals to Tunisia or Turkey are under £300 for 14 nights all inclusive, all you can eat & drink included, sunny weather, £20 a day.

Not in summer they aint.

Live in London

6 kids

5 of whom have ADHD

1 has some other condition

single mother

Acts as carer for those with ADHD

And single mother suffers from severe anxiety, so cannot do any work ever again.

You are aware that this cap will only affect about 67 000 claimants, aren't you. The money that it will save is minute in the scheme of things. As a piece of political messaging, I think that it is an ok thing to do.

However, I'm most amused at the amount of salivation that it has inspired amongst the usual mouth frothing suspects. Do you share my amusement? Or do you need a hanky?

You are aware that this cap will only affect about 67 000 claimants, aren't you. The money that it will save is minute in the scheme of things. As a piece of political messaging, I think that it is an ok thing to do.

However, I'm most amused at the amount of salivation that it has inspired amongst the usual mouth frothing suspects. Do you share my amusement? Or do you need a hanky?

The figure keeps climbing, last year it was 27,000, on the news the other day it was 50,000, now it's 67000?

It will affect a few people a lot, they'll have to move out of London. Outside London it'll hardly make any difference to anything. It'll probably cost more money than it saves, it's just a spiteful attack.

The figure keeps climbing, last year it was 27,000, on the news the other day it was 50,000, now it's 67000?

How many people claim benefits?

Turkey & Tunisia are still (usually) pretty warm in February. Can get them for under £200 if not all inclusive, food & drink is cheap in those countries anyway.

been to both countries many times and I can tell you food and drink in not cheap anymore hasnt been for about 7 yrs especially in turkey.

It tells you on this site: http://bit.ly/xqG57P

The point that I'm making is that the cap will only affect a small percentage of benefit claimants. I think that it is a good message to send, but it is a message, not a financial saving of any note.

Archived