Capping benefits to £26,000 a year - I think its wrong, do you?

Are you saying someone already picks litter up in the parks; they should be sacked for not doing their job, or maybe if there is too much for them to do they could supervise a gang of unemployed and pick much more litter up.

Why do suggestions of applying work-for-benefits systems only ever seem to involve picking litter? Every skill and talent under the sun is available in the pool and they should be used fully.

Why do suggestions of applying work-for-benefits systems only ever seem to involve picking litter? Every skill and talent under the sun is available in the pool and they should be used fully.

Because it’s easier than naming them all and they should only do the jobs that aren’t being done by a paid employee, they could also pick dog poo up and scrape chewing cum off the footpaths. I’m sure there would be plenty for them to do that would help the community that is supporting them.

Because it’s easier than naming them all and they should only do the jobs that aren’t being done by a paid employee, they could also pick dog poo up and scrape chewing cum off the footpaths. I’m sure there would be plenty for them to do that would help the community that is supporting them.

i have seen these on community service what they do in eight hours is what a paid employee would do in one, they do naff all.

I can't imagine a more wrong answer than that one. Perhaps you're pulling my leg?

i have seen these on community service what they do in eight hours is what a paid employee would do in one, they do naff all.

I agree they would do as little as they are allowed to get away with; the point would be not to let them get away with it with penalties for those that don't pull their weight or a bonus for the one the does the most work.

I can't imagine a more wrong answer than that one. Perhaps you're pulling my leg?

What’s wrong with asking someone that is supported by the community to pay something back to the community by doing something that needs doing?

From what I've heard, most of these jobs seem to be in supermarkets. They get paid for each one they take on (£2,000 for a 2 week placement has been mentioned.) plus of course, free labour.

Even the majority of the so called Government apprenticeships are in supermarkets, not in the manufacturing and engineering trades as we are led to think.

When my brother was a cop in London,he had to share a house with his colleagues on the outskirts of London.It must have really pished him off when called out to some domestic at a big posh house,to find a family of unemployed Somalians occupying it.

The system is wrong! The scroungers who aint put a penny in,should not get a penny out of us taxpayers.

Archived