Capping benefits to £26,000 a year - I think its wrong, do you?

Ah, I'm with you. I was referring to how many people would need to be working to support one household.

i think i am wrong though the average wage in briton is £535 a week thats averaging the big knobs with the little nobs, point of interest Toby Foster invited anybody that was receiving £26,000 in benefits to give him a ring he's still waiting.

Well, for example (I can't believe I'm having to do this) you could implement a small charity's IT system. MrSmith could show dyslexic NEET's how he's found strategies to deal with dyslexia to help them get into a job or training.

The charity could (and normally would) pay someone to do that work, you've just cost someone their small business and livelihood.

It doesn't sound as though you've much been involved in charities, social enterprise and good causes. I'm involved in four at the moment, in addition to three businesses. I can assure you that you're a mile off.

i think i am wrong though the average wage in briton is £535 a week thats averaging the big knobs with the little nobs, point of interest Toby Foster invited anybody that was receiving £26,000 in benefits to give him a ring he's still waiting.

I think most people realise by now that the £26k cap will hit families in very expensive housing, mainly in London and the South East. Its the high level of rents that push up benefits, as all other benefits are paid at the same levels regardless of where people live. Most families living in areas with relatively cheap housing (as in South Yorkshire) won't get anywhere near that amount.

Its hardly surprising no-one rang in as I doubt many Londoners listen to Radio Sheffield. ;)

It doesn't sound as though you've much been involved in charities, social enterprise and good causes. I'm involved in four at the moment, in addition to three businesses. I can assure you that you're a mile off.

Meaning that they wouldn't have paid for the implementation? At the least then you've deprived someone of their voluntary contribution.

Is charity work your only example then? The unemployed can do work for charities for free (charities that would never have employed someone to do that work of course, otherwise you've done someone else out of paid work).

I think most people realise by now that the £26k cap will hit families in very expensive housing, mainly in London and the South East. Its the high level of rents that push up benefits, as all other benefits are paid at the same levels regardless of where people live. Most families living in areas with relatively cheap housing (as in South Yorkshire) won't get anywhere near that amount.

Its hardly surprising no-one rang in as I doubt many Londoners listen to Radio Sheffield. ;)

It's per household though, a family of four adults could reach this cap in Sheffield couldn't they?

Archived