Capping benefits to £26,000 a year - I think its wrong, do you?

The system protects children. Scroungers know this and so they knock out lots of kids to maximise their benefits. They then steal a little of the benefits from each kid and use it to pay for their drugs , fags and booze. They are guaranteed a house because they have kids. This situation has gone on now for many years. It is not something new.

That's small change!

"A woman in her late 20's came to the hospital today with her 8th pregnancy

She told the first doctor she saw: "My mum told me that I am the breadwinner for the family." He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money from the State for the family. It goes like this:

The Grandma calls the Department for work and pensions, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids. DWP agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.

The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a cheque for £700 per child each month.

Total yearly income:

£58,800 soon to become £67200 when the 8th one is born, tax-free and nobody has to go to work!

In fact, they get more if there is no husband/father/man in the home! The brother does not count.

Not to mention free dental treatment, free housing, free council tax free school dinners, free tuition fees at college or Uni, free eyecare and glasses, free prescriptions and various other benefits...

Total value of all benefits combined probably approaching £100,000 per annum which would require an income of around £148,000 to create. About my salary as a senior consultant with years of experience and surgical skills in ... teaching hospital.

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

Don't forget to pay your taxes!!

There are a lot of 'breadwinners' "

I have just seen the news and it seems that benefits will be capped at £26,000 a year, this is simply wrong and unjust.

How does this make work pay, and make people want to come off benefits and into work?

Do you earn £26,000 a year? (The average wage is less than £26,000.)

And this is the capped figure!

If there was a lot more social housing then private rents in London wouldn't be so ridiculously high and housing benefit payouts wouldn't be as high as they are.

There is no incentive for landlords to set reasonable rents if when they know they can fill their houses with unemployed people and claim housing benefit.

There is no incentive for landlords to set reasonable rents if when they know they can fill their houses with unemployed people and claim housing benefit.

That isn't the reason rents are so high in London, particularly the more expensive areas. A lot of people in London have well paid jobs, a reduction in housing benefit wont make the slightest difference to the rent there.

There isn't a great deal of land to build new houses on in London. The housing supply in London is limited & the demand is high from people who want to work there.

I doubt many in Sheffield will be affected.

Everyone on benefits should always be poorer than the poorest worker, which at the moments is definably not the case, I know workers that can’t afford holidays and long term benefit claimants that can, and that can’t be fare.

What about the workers who are on benefits? (legally, of course) It's possible to claim housing benefit if you're working in a low paid job in some situations.

Some foreign holidays can be not much more than living in this country, late deals to Tunisia or Turkey are under £300 for 14 nights all inclusive, all you can eat & drink included, sunny weather, £20 a day.

What about the workers who are on benefits? (legally, of course) It's possible to claim housing benefit if you're working in a low paid job in some situations.

Some foreign holidays can be not much more than living in this country, late deals to Tunisia or Turkey are under £300 for 14 nights all inclusive, all you can eat & drink included, sunny weather, £20 a day.

No benefit claimant should be better off than the poorest worker including any benefits the poorest worker can claim. Someone working should always be able to afford more than anyone on benefits. Benefits claimants shouldn’t be housed in properties worker can’t afford to live in, there was a lot of resentment recently near me when a long term benefits claimant was housed on a property very few people could afford.

Archived