Is clegg just a waste of space

That is a rather desperate line of argument. LD voters made it perfectly clear at the last local elections how they themselves feel about what Clegg has done.

I think it is you that is rather desperate.

Just to put things in some sort of context.

Cameron is riding high in the opinion polls. Miliband has never laid a glove on him

Miliband is running at rock botton in the polls and Labour supporters and party members are predicting electoral defeat if he leads the party into the next election.

Clegg and the L/Ds are down in the polls but not much worse than they were mid term last time before the "Clegg factor swung in.

To cap it all. It is predicted that following the boundary commission changes the L/Ds will pick up a second Sheffield parliamentary seat, and the changes will cost Labour around 10. And if of course Scotland should go independent that will cost Labour around 40 more.

But Labour supporters can always make themselve feel better by starting threads like this and pretending that their opinion of Clegg makes the slightest bit of difference.

ENJOY.

But Labour supporters can always make themselve feel better by starting threads like this and pretending that their opinion of Clegg makes the slightest bit of difference.

ENJOY.

24 hours is a long time in politics …….. just remind us how long it is to the next election, if they go full term obviously.

Enjoy

I think it is you that is rather desperate.

Just to put things in some sort of context.

Cameron is riding high in the opinion polls. Miliband has never laid a glove on him

Miliband is running at rock botton in the polls and Labour supporters and party members are predicting electoral defeat if he leads the party into the next election.

Clegg and the L/Ds are down in the polls but not much worse than they were mid term last time before the "Clegg factor swung in.

To cap it all. It is predicted that following the boundary commission changes the L/Ds will pick up a second Sheffield parliamentary seat, and the changes will cost Labour around 10. And if of course Scotland should go independent that will cost Labour around 40 more.

ENJOY.

So when I called Labour 'tories light' you took that as further evidence for your presumption that I am a Labour supporter?

I get it that you feel triumphalist about the Tories pushing through their un-mandated ideology for the benefit of a wealthy minorty, but it isn't really what the thread is about.

24 hours is a long time in politics …….. just remind us how long it is to the next election, if they go full term obviously.

Enjoy

It certainly is so why not cash in with a nice bet on the subject.

I noticed one bookie offering the following bet.

First party leader to be replaced before next General election

Miliband 7/4

Clegg 5/1

Cameron 14/1

Enjoying it already.

What does he do what power has he got is he getting payed for doing nothing, the Conservatives don't take any notice of him,when ever I have seen him on TV in the house of parliament he just sits there like a muppet and never says a thing.

you have no idea how much notice the torys take of him or any other member of the lib dems. you're just looking for an excuse to be negative.

So when I called Labour 'tories light' you took that as further evidence for your presumption that I am a Labour supporter?

I get it that you feel triumphalist about the Tories pushing through their un-mandated ideology for the benefit of a wealthy minorty, but it isn't really what the thread is about.

I had rather worked out that your politics were probably left of sensible. So when you carp on about Clegg who has support running into teens%, your own candidate would be some irrelevance that doesn't even register with the pollsters or the media, and likely as not challenges the Monster Raving Loonies in the single figure votes.

Archived