Is clegg just a waste of space

I had rather worked out that your politics were probably left of sensible. So when you carp on about Clegg who has support running into teens%, your own candidate would be some irrelevance that doesn't even register with the pollsters or the media, and likely as not challenges the Monster Raving Loonies in the single figure votes.

You have 'worked out' doodlysquat about me.

I don't have a 'candidate.' Until a significant proportion of people fully realise that what they are being presented with as 'choice' is just varying degress of the same stuff, I can't really see the point in encouraging the pretence of 'democracy' by validating it with my participation.

The traditional routes to political office for those from more humble backgrounds - working their way up by campaigning on the principles they actually believe in - have been effectively closed. Politics is increasingly becoming a shoddy blend of lobbying and showbizz. We now have three parties whose upper ehelons are entirely selected from a well worn route through public schools and certain uni courses at Oxford and Cambridge. High political office is now merely a route to personal advancement for elitists. The Tories are the most extreme, but ultimately, all three parties represent the same narrow interests. They will only act for the public good when there is no conflict of interests between the public good and the elite.

The almost total lack of action to control the fraudulent financiers who brought us to the mess we are in - plus cross party concensus that ordinary people should foot the bill for the wreckless gambling from which they stood to gain nothing - should be enough for any intelligent person to work out what kind of people are pulling the strings. But then, petty vested interests and endless background conditioning can seriously damage the ability to use intelligence.

People attack Clegg because he is in government doing exactly the opposite of what he told the people who voted for him he was going to do.

I think all 3 main parties ran on dishonest platforms at the last election, but with the Lib Dems the capitulations on key policy areas and the AV referendum defeat have ensured that the Lib Dems now have far less credibility then Labour or the Tories. You have to ask if it is worth paying any attention to Nick Clegg's views on policy as you know the chances of them acheiving anything worthy are very poor indeed.

And with the economy in the mess it is the chances are that we will still be in austerity conditions come the next election and with that we will continue to endure politicans who vary between being very coy and downright dishonest about what they would do if they ever get power.

:help:

It certainly is so why not cash in with a nice bet on the subject.

I noticed one bookie offering the following bet.

First party leader to be replaced before next General election

Miliband 7/4

Clegg 5/1

Cameron 14/1

Enjoying it already.

Cameron is obviously going nowhere, Clegg is going to hang to his position and who would want to lead the Lib / Dems into the abyss that awaits them :confused:, has for Ed …. He was always going to be a stopgap.

You have 'worked out' doodlysquat about me.

I don't have a 'candidate.' Until a significant proportion of people fully realise that what they are being presented with as 'choice' is just varying degress of the same stuff, I can't really see the point in encouraging the pretence of 'democracy' by validating it with my participation.

The traditional routes to political office for those from more humble backgrounds - working their way up by campaigning on the principles they actually believe in - have been effectively closed. Politics is increasingly becoming a shoddy blend of lobbying and showbizz. We now have three parties whose upper ehelons are entirely selected from a well worn route through public schools and certain uni courses at Oxford and Cambridge. High political office is now merely a route to personal advancement for elitists. The Tories are the most extreme, but ultimately, all three parties represent the same narrow interests. They will only act for the public good when there is no conflict of interests between the public good and the elite.

The almost total lack of action to control the fraudulent financiers who brought us to the mess we are in - plus cross party concensus that ordinary people should foot the bill for the wreckless gambling from which they stood to gain nothing - should be enough for any intelligent person to work out what kind of people are pulling the strings. But then, petty vested interests and endless background conditioning can seriously damage the ability to use intelligence.

OMRLP - would be my guess then. The manifesto idea of selling socks in 3,s so you can lose one and the 99p coin to save time ? On a serious note - brilliant post - voting just encourages them so if you cant resist the urge to put a cross then have a pop on mark the ball and stay clear of the ballot papers until you can realise the potential of a reward for your efforts. The odds are about the same.

Archived