Do we give truthful answers to women (about age and looks) or ignore them?

If a woman say's things to a man like "do I look fat in this dress?", "it's my birthday tomorrow I don't look my age do I?" and other similar things but it's a question for us men to answer and if the woman does look fat and does look much older than what she is, do we tell them the truth or keep our mouths shut? obviously it can be best to keep our mouths shut but then again they should be ready for a truthful answer back but most women don't like truthful answers and women can get a bit funny if you give them an answer to a question of some sort, they can get very upset and angry but it's their fault anyway in the first place to give us a question.

You shouldn't answer the question directly. She doesn't want an answer, she wants you to say something which will please her.

If she says: "Do I look fat in this dress?" and you say "Yes" you're in trouble. If you say "No" you're probably in trouble too, because she is likely to follow up with something along the lines of: "So you think I look fat in my other dresses?" It's going to cost you. You'll probably have to buy her a whole new wardrobe.

Try answering with "You look good in all your clothes dear." Safe. - And it might save you a small fortune.

As for the one about "Do I look my age?" 'Yes' or 'No' won't work there either. Try "You are every bit as attractive as you were when I first met you, darling." (Unless, of course, the woman is not your wife and your wife is within earshot ;))

Women may not always use the same form of logic. (Notice my careful choice of words? - I didn't suggest illogicality, did I? ;))

Here's an example:

A wife asks her husband: "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6."

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why on earth did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, "They had eggs."

If a woman say's things to a man like "do I look fat in this dress?", "it's my birthday tomorrow I don't look my age do I?" and other similar things but it's a question for us men to answer and if the woman does look fat and does look much older than what she is, do we tell them the truth or keep our mouths shut? obviously it can be best to keep our mouths shut but then again they should be ready for a truthful answer back but most women don't like truthful answers and women can get a bit funny if you give them an answer to a question of some sort, they can get very upset and angry but it's their fault anyway in the first place to give us a question.

Be honest.

If she looks a fat pig then tell her. Shell thank you for it when the diet kicks in.

its worse when missus walks in room and says well what do you think darling and you aint a clue whats different with her how do you get out of that one

Archived