Raising a Child as Gender Neutral

Have you ever heard such a ridiculous thing?

As the author says....

"The fact is that for more than three decades, Left-wing ideologues have been determinedly unravelling sexual and gender differences — on the grounds that the very idea that people are different amounts to a kind of prejudice.

Bizarre as it may seem, what started as a campaign for equal rights progressed into a movement to abolish altogether the differences between men and women.

This movement consisted of an alliance between, on the one hand, radical feminists who were consumed by hatred of men and, on the other, gay activists intent upon blurring the distinction between hetero-sexual and same-sex unions."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2090369/Sasha-Laxton-Youve-got-sequins-short-tutu-raise-son-gender-neutral.html#ixzz1kGkqiqgN

The problem we have here is that a perfectly rational debate is being ruined by terrible journalism.

Nevertheless, Sasha’s parents are by no means a one-off aberration in pursuing this aim. Last year, a Canadian couple insisted they would also raise their baby, Storm, as a gender-neutral child. In certain circles, this is becoming a fashion.

The fact is that for more than three decades, Left-wing ideologues have been determinedly unravelling sexual and gender differences

Two families, in 30 years. A tsunami of radical thought is washing over us. In 30 years aswell. At this rate, in 30 years time ... we'll have 4 families. How will we cope?

This movement consisted of an alliance between, on the one hand, radical feminists who were consumed by hatred of men and, on the other, gay activists

It's a Daily Mail rage-gasm, boiled down into 1 line. "Feminists and gays .... arrrgh :rant:".

Our society is being brainwashed into pretending that the differences between male and female don’t exist

No it isn't.

I could continue. Awful crap.

The problem we have here is that a perfectly rational debate is being ruined by terrible journalism.

Two families, in 30 years. A tsunami of radical thought is washing over us. In 30 years aswell. At this rate, in 30 years time ... we'll have 4 families. How will we cope?

It's a Daily Mail rage-gasm, boiled down into 1 line. "Feminists and gays .... arrrgh :rant:".

No it isn't.

I could continue. Awful crap.

I wasn't aware it was a thread about the author, more on the principle behind the experiment. Do you think its wrong, or what? :suspect:

Do you think its wrong, or what? :suspect:

Is it wrong to raise a child which is imprinted with ones own beliefs? Yes and no, in equal measure. It is certainly odd, but to come to the conclusion that it is damaging is wrong.

The ultimate point is how much influence should a parent have on their child, and how much influence should society have to stop that? They are the bigger questions.

What are they doing that is unnatural?

* I should put in the note that I might agree with you, before people label me as a hippy lefty do-gooder gay feminist.

Well you bloody hippy lefty do-gooder gay feminist:P

They are depriving their child of an identity. He/she wont be able to relate to anyone when or if they attend mainstream schools and even if they dont attend those schools when he/she gets out into the big wide world they will be completely lost. Plus kids and other adults can be nasty to someone whos so obviously different.

Well thats my view anyway.

People who deliberately raise their kids in a way that is obviously going to cause them problems of social adaptation are misguided, but they aren't nearly as ridiculous as the curtain twitching, right wing ideologues who seek to portray every crank and eccentric who happens to have left wing views, as a major threat to society.

In a country where thousands of children are abused on a daily basis, raising up a storm in a tea cup about the tiny minority who attempt to impose their cranky ideals on their kids says more about the twisted and obsessive Daily Mail types, who are always turning over every stone looking for some new subject to feed the addiction of their outrage junky readers.

Archived