Raising a Child as Gender Neutral

I'm assuming that the school needed to know the gender of the child. Before that it was a secret to most people.

To use your own manners back at you, have you not read it already? :D

What one tells the school about a child is confidential, so they could have told the school without telling the world; really we didn't need to know.

Until the child needs to do a gender specific task like use the loo, or get ready for PE.

So do you think that a five years old boy going to the boys toilets at school would be plastered all over the papers by other five year olds or teachers?

So do you think that a five years old boy going to the boys toilets at school would be plastered all over the papers by other five year olds or teachers?

I think if it was a rare case of a child being raised gender neutral, then it would be a story - yes.

Is that an odd conclusion to make?

The mother is forcing him to be gay now?

*takes a deep breath*

No. No, she isn't.

Chris, I was simply stating that everyone should be able to decide their own sexuality, which this woman clearly isnt, she is denying the child any sexuality, which is only going to lead to confusion and un-happiness. I never mentioned gay anywhere. :huh:

I think if it was a rare case of a child being raised gender neutral, then it would be a story - yes.

Is that an odd conclusion to make?

He isn't being raised gender neutral he knows he is a boy, all she is doing is explaining the gender stereo types to him.

I never mentioned gay anywhere. :huh:

'Gay' is a sexuality. You're saying that by raising a child as "gender neutral" that he will not have control over his sexuality. That when he is older he'll not be able to choose on his own.

You're wrong. The mother has not done anything to affect how his sexuality will develop.

He isn't being raised gender neutral

He is. It's the basic premise of this entire thread.

Archived