Raising a Child as Gender Neutral

Because their life will be made a misery by other boys. Its not such a difficult thing to stop them doing..In the long run it'll be best for them.

Of course there's nothing wrong with it, I'm not saying there is, but unfortunately the world we live in is difficult enough without causing issues that will alienate them from their friends at school...

And, actually, the world we live in isn't that difficult- most of the difficulties come from some of the people in it who persist in trying to force their own twisted notions of gender and other things, on everyone else.

There's nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls- the only problem comes when bigots take issue with it.

That's without even considering the fact that boys do play with dolls- just cause you stick combats on them and call them 'action man', does not mean they're not dolls.

Yes boys should be discouraged from playing with dolls after their toddler years have passed. Its for their own good.

I don't find butch women attractive, but if they want to be more masculine its up to them and none of my business...

None of it's your business.

Someone else's child's toy preferences aren't your business.

And, if some parents choose not to pander to widespread silly prejudices about 'appropriate' colour or toy choices for their children, and, instead, let them decide for themselves, that is also none of your business.

Of course there's nothing wrong with it, I'm not saying there is, but unfortunately the world we live in is difficult enough without causing issues that will alienate them from their friends at school...

You've got it the wrong way round Frank. If there's nothing wrong with it we should challenge those that say that it is and behave in a way that supports that - i.e. encourage children to play with whichever toys they want to play with and not automatically persue a 'dolls for girls and cars or guns for boys' mindset.

It's neither a proven assumption. Your statement is riddled with inferiority.

That's gotta be Southy...today they don't work, unless you stay up till 4 in the morning awaiting their return.

red·neck

   [red-nek] Show IPA Informal: Often Disparaging .

noun

an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.

a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/redneck

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You've got it the wrong way round Frank. If there's nothing wrong with it we should challenge those that say that it is and behave in a way that supports that - i.e. encourage children to play with whichever toys they want to play with and not automatically persue a 'dolls for girls and cars or guns for boys' mindset.

You shouldn't use children to do this though....

And, actually, the world we live in isn't that difficult- most of the difficulties come from some of the people in it who persist in trying to force their own twisted notions of gender and other things, on everyone else.

There's nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls- the only problem comes when bigots take issue with it.

That's without even considering the fact that boys do play with dolls- just cause you stick combats on them and call them 'action man', does not mean they're not dolls.

You're wasting your time. Frank wants John Wayne films force fed at an early age. Must keep the Marilyn thing quiet tho.

Archived