Raising a Child as Gender Neutral

People who deliberately raise their kids in a way that is obviously going to cause them problems of social adaptation are misguided, but they aren't nearly as ridiculous as the curtain twitching, right wing ideologues who seek to portray every crank and eccentric who happens to have left wing views, as a major threat to society.

In a country where thousands of children are abused on a daily basis, raising up a storm in a tea cup about the tiny minority who attempt to impose their cranky ideals on their kids says more about the twisted and obsessive Daily Mail types, who are always turning over every stone looking for some new subject to feed the addiction of their outrage junky readers.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm left thinking of Rod and Todd in The Simpsons. My feelings are split between "that's weird" to wondering how far can we go to stop people raising their children in a manner which others find odd. In this context it is a gender question, and in Ned Flanders there is religion.

I have hope that Sasha will be sent to a normal school, but having his parents views forced on him is not "allowing him to decide for himself", and having a schoolyard full of bullies is not "allowing him to decide for himself" either. That is only something that comes with time, age, and this child has a lot of living to do.

My point is, i cant believe someone has mentioned the mail and right/left wing already.

I thought that wouldnt start till at least page 2.

It starts in the first post.

The story is linked from a Daily Mail article. A portion of it is quoted in the OP:

"The fact is that for more than three decades, Left-wing ideologues have been determinedly unravelling sexual and gender differences — on the grounds that the very idea that people are different amounts to a kind of prejudice."

It starts in the first post.

The story is linked from a Daily Mail article. A portion of it is quoted in the OP:

"The fact is that for more than three decades, Left-wing ideologues have been determinedly unravelling sexual and gender differences — on the grounds that the very idea that people are different amounts to a kind of prejudice."

Speak to Chris, he knows what i mean.:D

People who deliberately raise their kids in a way that is obviously going to cause them problems of social adaptation are misguided,

Agreed.

But it all goes down hill with this rant here.

but they aren't nearly as ridiculous as the curtain twitching, right wing ideologues who seek to portray every crank and eccentric who happens to have left wing views, as a major threat to society.

In a country where thousands of children are abused on a daily basis, raising up a storm in a tea cup about the tiny minority who attempt to impose their cranky ideals on their kids

Now where have i heard that argument before:suspect:?

says more about the twisted and obsessive Daily Mail types,

Dont blame it on the sunshine

Dont blame it on the moonlight

Dont blame it on the good times

Blame it on the Mail!!

who are always turning over every stone looking for some new subject to feed the addiction of their outrage junky readers.

Hardly :rolleyes:

Archived