Raising a Child as Gender Neutral

If he was gay I personally wouldn't care one little bit. It would be of no matter to me whatsoever...

Good. But my point was, some the less tolerant boys of his age group on the 'rough estate' would happily beat him up if they knew he was gay, in much the same way you mentioned they would if he played with a doll.

Doesn't your argument for taking away the doll also apply to both cases?

People get beat up purely for being gay, or for being straight but camp. Would you advise them to stop doing what they're doing?

Yes I would if it made them safer.

Would you advise a black man to walk through an area at night that was well known to be racist just because the racists are wrong..

Would you advise a woman to walk through an area late at night that had a history of sexual assaults, just because it was her right.

Would you advise a child to visit a park on their own just because she should be safe.

It all seems basic self preservation, or as its commonly known, using ones nogging, to me...

We all have to stop doing things because it makes sense, even though, its our right...

Good. But my point was, some the less tolerant boys of his age group on the 'rough estate' would happily beat him up if they knew he was gay, in much the same way you mentioned they would if he played with a doll.

Doesn't your argument for taking away the doll also apply to both cases?

No a dolls a piece of plastic. Being gay is a human trait..

Don't be gay. It's your own fault if a bigot beats you up. There we have it.

Awful.

Erm, I didn't say that at all. I said in some circumstances, for ones personal safety, its better to use your nogging... I see your struggling and getting a little desperate...:hihi:

The thread is not about this though. Although I can see why you now want to get away from the doll connection and affection you have for them...:D

It's there in black and white Frank.

Chris why have you all of a sudden dropped the "doll" subject. Shall we get back to that? I'm sure there's a thread worthy of the dangers of being gay, but its another issue.

So what's your favourite doll. Are you a "Barbie" man or do you prefer a "Cindy" I'm sure they are both in your collection, but which one do you nurse the most, when alone of course?....:hihi:

And you haven't commented on "Dolls4Trolls" do you think its a good idea. All likewise doll fanciers will be able to march in public in support of boys who would like dolls. I'm sure this would help highlight the issue and I know you'll agree that it should be adults that change the perceptions of the public and not children?:suspect:

I reckon this one has run its course....mods delete please...

Why have it deleted?

Here's an interesting article on this issue and not one with which I agree. I think the rad fems are over-simplistic about this and downplay/ignore the innate differences between the sexes, much in the same way that many insist that lesbianism is a choice and conscious rejection of heterosexuality, whereas most lesbians will argue that their sexuality is biologically determined.

Why have it deleted?

Here's an interesting article on this issue and not one with which I agree. I think the rad fems are over-simplistic about this and downplay/ignore the innate differences between the sexes, much in the same way that many insist that lesbianism is a choice and conscious rejection of heterosexuality, whereas most lesbians will argue that their sexuality is biologically determined.

I've already read it...:D

Archived