Raising a Child as Gender Neutral

Men are physically stronger than women, yes. That is true.

Women tend to compete against other women in sport, though.

So there is no reason why boys and girls should be treated any different when it comes to sport.

It is no fun writing out patently obvious stuff like this. It's not what passes for fun debate in my book. I'm being called a baby-murderer on another thread, can't we kick this one up a notch?

Well its not just about strength. There's no strength needed in a lot of sports. Golf, Snooker, etc, many more. In all of these sports men are better than women. Its more than just strength...

I know that because I have read the thread. That is also why I know that the Daily Mail misconstrued the story whereas other publications tended to adopt a more neutral position by - shock horror - just reporting the facts!

The term I used was outrage junky, it doesn't imply you are a drug addict, but your sense of ill informed outrage is clearly in evidence just from that one hufty little post. Get a grip! :hihi:

You really are up your own arse aint you.

Do you think you are some superior intellect?

Get a grip.

Maybe, just maybe, it's at least in part related to incidents that Womerry gave an example of back up the thread there.

Why is being different and having different abilities such a contentious issue? I dunno, its natural...Men and women are not the same. :D

Well its not just about strength. There's no strength needed in a lot of sports. Golf, Snooker, etc, many more. In all of these sports men are better than women. Its more than just strength...

Nonsense Frank - we have 2 pool tables at work and the men are very competitive and pull no punches but I have beaten most of them at least once and I'm old enough to be most of thems mother:D:hihi::hihi:

Why is being different and having different abilities such a contentious issue? I dunno, its natural...Men and women are not the same. :D

No, they're not. Well done. Biological differences are inescapable.

What is entirely escapable, and what a lot of people find damaging, are gender stereotypes or expectations. That's what's contentious.

No, they're not. Well done. Biological differences are inescapable.

What is entirely escapable, and what a lot of people find damaging, are gender stereotypes or expectations. That's what's contentious.

They're only stereotypes because you make them such. I'd call it concentrating on strengths and not being deflected by a false sense of discrimination...

They're only stereotypes because you make them such. I'd call it concentrating on strengths and not being deflected by a false sense of discrimination...

That's just nonsense, though, isn't it? There's no way that I personally am responsible for gender stereotyping. They're just a fact of life, equally as damaging for men and women who don't happen to have, or desire, those qualities that some sections of society believe they should have to be fully-qualified representatives of their gender.

You really are up your own arse aint you.

Do you think you are some superior intellect?

Get a grip.

:huh: Hmm, now let's see. Apart from the above this is all you have had to say on the issue.

I read the Mail. I aint no junky.

It's in all the papers,and on BBC news,so get a grip.

So do I think I am 'some superior intellect'? Not generally, no. But in your case there clearly isn't any real competition.

:huh: Hmm, now let's see. Apart from the above this is all you have had to say on the issue.

So do I think I am 'some superior intellect'? Not generally, no. But in your case there clearly isn't any real competition.

Yeah, he's right you are you, that's you that is...:hihi:

Archived