Don't you feel sorry for our MPs

But MPs and their aides dining in the House of Commons restaurants have complained their soup bowls are too small, their beer is too expensive and their chips are not arranged in a ‘tower’ formation – despite receiving £5.8m a year in food subsidies from the taxpayer.

Anyone lend me an Uzi so i can go postal on these pigs?

At least you can have a cheeky smoke indoors.

And the one who said it made them feel like a 2nd class citizen, **** off to parts of Africa and go and tell it to a 217th class citizen who is starving to death, before sending our forces in to steal their oil.

The House of Commons restuarants are charging £2.60 for a pint of bitter and the chips are not arranged in a tower formation, my heart bleeds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9031084/Healthy-appetite-for-moaning-despite-MPs-5.8m-meal-deal.html

You could not make it up, it's that daft. Still our betters in Parliament must be hungry and thirsty with all the work they do.

Grafters down to the last man/woman. Ok I tell lies.

Angel.

The House of Commons restuarants are charging £2.60 for a pint of bitter and the chips are not arranged in a tower formation, my heart bleeds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9031084/Healthy-appetite-for-moaning-despite-MPs-5.8m-meal-deal.html

I wonder how much they pay the bar stewards there? (The ones who serve the bitter, not those who drink it.)

Hopefully it's enough to enable them to pay rent for their flats in London, so they don't need to claim huge amounts of housing allowance.

I wonder how much they pay the bar stewards there? (The ones who serve the bitter, not those who drink it.)

Hopefully it's enough to enable them to pay rent for their flats in London, so they don't need to claim huge amounts of housing allowance.

Surely they'd be claiming two lots of mortgage allowance in a tax efficient manner?

For those who can buy outright with cash a property it would make little sense to incur debt to purchase one, unless of course somebody else was picking up the tab.

Cameron is a millionaire is he not? Yet he has a mortgage? And claims mortgage expenses?

And quite a few other of our MPs too!

I wonder if THEY go to sleep at night worrying about repossession or unemployment? Or maybe just paying the weekly rent? Or that the tenant pays the rent so they can pay the mortgage unto the bank?

No I don't feel sorry for MPs, what are their qualifications for what they do - they should regard the facility of a staff restaurant as a privilege

Qualifications are: Phd kissing ass and a masters in crawling round the powers that be it seems. A cse in politics comes in handy too ;)

Archived