Hotels in marmaris

We did Turkey a few years ago over a period of around 4 years. Marmaris is probably the place we were really happy about getting a rental car, so we could spend as much time as possible away from it.

Our kids were young then, and my youngest daughter was small enough to be carried everywhere on my shoulders, while the oldest daughter clung onto her mom. Now both daughters are in their middle and late teens we wont be going back, it was bad enough then.

If you want a Turkish resort where you wont be in fear of losing family members at every turn, try Bodrum or Dalyan. If any Dalyan is the one we preferred as it's only a small village and very unspoilt tourist wise. Saying that though it was/is still geared up 99% for tourism as are the rest of the resorts.

The only time we ventured to a 100% tourist free town (apart from us) believe me, we expected Borat to pop out at any time :| and our windows were glued up hehe real eye opener though, still have nightmares.

But if you're a hotel/swimming pool monkey (Benidorm Stylee) then one place is a muchness to the next I suppose.

If you want water slides etc, I know of Aqua Fantasy Park in Kusadasi

http://www.kusadasihotels.com/aquafantasy

I haven't stayed in that hotel, but drove past it and must admit it looked a bit like Butlins. Kusadasi is a much nicer place than Marmaris, although a bit more expensive.

Our first Turkish holiday was Kusadasi and to be honest was the catalyst for our other Turkish trips. We were lucky enough to be given a balcony room overlooking the mooring for all the luxury liners that had arrived overnight.

I first visit into the outside bizarre was like a nightmare, very first time at this sort of thing and boy did all the shirt pullers know it!

Anywhere in Turkey, watch your gear and your restaurant bills very closely.

We went to Marmaris three years ago and hated every minute I can echo what other posters have said keep your belongings close also my mum was sick from the food It was a week of hell and I regret it because it was our last family holiday before my sister and I left home I would avoid Marmaris as a holiday destination

If you want water slides etc, I know of Aqua Fantasy Park in Kusadasi

http://www.kusadasihotels.com/aquafantasy

I haven't stayed in that hotel, but drove past it and must admit it looked a bit like Butlins. Kusadasi is a much nicer place than Marmaris, although a bit more expensive.

We were in the next hotel down from aqua fantasy and it did look amazing but I can only agree with other poster's. Turkey is a doghole and so is Kusadasi. We practically starved in our hotel (Surmeli Efes) and couldn't wait to get home after 11 nights of sheer hell. Kusadasi is ok, but once you've been round it once you've pretty much seen it all. It's rubbish for the kids and terribly overpriced. Food is substandard and I personally did not enjoy being chased through the bizarre by a strange man trying to flog knock of perfume and touch my 14 year old daughter.

I'd have preferred to stay at home :(

Archived