Name of Pub opposite Tinsley Tram Sheds?

kay1

A great little booklet available from local bookshops called "Cheers from the 'cliffe" lists all public houses on Attercliffe Common and Attercliffe Road (with photo's) from The Commercial to The Old Twelve o'clock. Highly recommended for all with an interest in the old pubs of the 'cliffe.

carbrook lad

was hoping someone would remember this pub to put my mind at rest that my memory isnt playing tricks

if my memory is right there was a road going down next to royal. the pub was on the opposite corner you could walk out of one cross the road and into the other

the door was kicked in and i went in it was entirely empty but looked like someone was dossing down on the floor,and remember it said acorn inn on the window.this was 50 years ago i drank in all the pubs from tinsley to effingham road

hi kay 1

the pub oppersite tinsley tram shed bottom lock lane was tinsley hotel there were 25 pubs from weedon st to stanforth rd hope i havent missed any commercial weedon st ,burns hotel left, tinsley hotel on left. union right. royal right,carbrook hall right, pheasant(stumble inn)excelsior, broughton,lampool,filesmiths, amberley salutions, gate inn, hilltop,tramcar,golden ball,greyhound,travelers,coach and horse, station ,king head, queens horse and jockey,dog and parteridge,carlton therewas 8 more pubs to the wicker arches making at total off 33 regards aj

To the Wicker Arches I recall the Robin Hood, Sportsman, Green Dragon, Washford, Grey Horse (behind Washford), Bulldog, Norfolk,Twelve O clock, Hole in the Wall.

Could be wrong and the Grey Horse may not count as it was up the alley between the Washford and Sheffield Tyres and I think the Twelve o' clock may not have been there in living memory.

Archived