Noisy kids on aircraft

We were on a Dubai to Brisbane flight, a full 14 hour non stop. Behind us was a newly born baby and a 14 month old with the parents. It was sheer hell.

Who on earth takes babies on a plane (let alone on a 14-hour journey) ? :o

The parents must be whack.

People who are perhaps returning home to visit relatives?

If you're the type of person to scowl and curse parents because their baby isn't behaving impeccably then I'd prepare yourself for a hell of an ear-bashing! It's stressful enough keeping youngsters entertained and content on long journeys without an outsider judging you and tutting away. Same goes in restaurants; I get sick of people giving me dirty looks because one or both of my children are crying. We were in TGI Fridays once and this ignorant little tramp said to her boyfriend "god they're both at it now, wish they'd shut those f**king kids up" If you don't want to be around kids don't go to s family restaurant. In the case of a plane, I doubt there are childless airlines so, erm, sorry but tough, put up with it. Parents and their kids are entitled to a holiday too.

People who are perhaps returning home to visit relatives?

If you're the type of person to scowl and curse parents because their baby isn't behaving impeccably then I'd prepare yourself for a hell of an ear-bashing! It's stressful enough keeping youngsters entertained and content on long journeys without an outsider judging you and tutting away. Same goes in restaurants; I get sick of people giving me dirty looks because one or both of my children are crying. We were in TGI Fridays once and this ignorant little tramp said to her boyfriend "god they're both at it now, wish they'd shut those f**king kids up" If you don't want to be around kids don't go to s family restaurant. In the case of a plane, I doubt there are childless airlines so, erm, sorry but tough, put up with it. Parents and their kids are entitled to a holiday too.

Agree.

The only tossers I've come across on aeroplanes are adults, usually in their early sixties (more suited to caravanning but that's another argument).

What should we do? Ban kids till they're 16 before they can fly?

Get real (or go to Clacton).

Somebody who wants to visit the grandparents. Or, possibly, parents who'd like a holiday.

In general, I prefer children to anyone getting drunk on a plane - they are much nicer and considerably less smelly to be around.

We have just had a holiday abroad, The duration of the flight being about four hours. Unfortunately there was a disruptive child who completely ruined the journey.

Does anyone know of an airline that has ejection seats fitted to their aircraft?

The RAF.......................

Archived