Noisy kids on aircraft

Agree.

The only tossers I've come across on aeroplanes are adults, usually in their early sixties (more suited to caravanning but that's another argument).

What should we do? Ban kids till they're 16 before they can fly?

Get real (or go to Clacton).

What an ignorant, nasty comment to make.

A lot of these "tossers" were trying to help as the parents were absolutely shattered. Nobody could have tried to console the family more but the journey was still hell for all the people around them around them of all ages.

I must really look the Grandmother type now as last two times flying alone they'e always seated me next to a young child traveling alone, I'd rather sit next to a child than a big fat slob sleeping and shoving my elbow off the arm.

On one trip to England there was a child, about 2 years old sitting across the aisle from us. The child never uttered a peep all the way which was about 11 hours most of it at night.

Can't expect everything to be perfect though. Someone sitting down a few seats had a severe case of flatulence. :D

I wouldnt take my young child on a plane until a bit older unless i had to in a emergency to see family or something because 1) A baby cant tell you if they are in pain/ill and medical treatment on a flight is limited/none existant 2) its stress for a parent if the child is upset 3) its stressful for everyone else.

My comment was directed towards the safety of the babies (and young children). I wouldn't dream of taking my own on a plane, bus, or train.

In fact, that reminds me; I think it was last year (or the year before) where we had some pretty severe snow.

I saw a young girl, about 17, walking in the blizzard carrying what must have been a 3 month old baby. I was so shocked I just sat looking at her, thinking what a stupid, ignorant <insert expletive here> she was.

Do you allow them in cars? or do you walk everywhere? do they go to playgrounds?

I wouldnt take my young child on a plane until a bit older unless i had to in a emergency to see family or something because 1) A baby cant tell you if they are in pain/ill and medical treatment on a flight is limited/none existant 2) its stress for a parent if the child is upset 3) its stressful for everyone else.

1.Unless it is a severe emergency then most children will survive a 2, 3 and even 14 hour flight.

2.The children don't have to be upset.

3. No stress of 1 and 2 are satisfied.

I started a thread simular to this and thought that a creche in the hold would be a good idea or putting very small children in the overhead lockers would be another good idea

My partner is a big believer in wrapping children in velcro and letting them hang from the wall and/or ceiling.

1.Unless it is a severe emergency then most children will survive a 2, 3 and even 14 hour flight.

2.The children don't have to be upset.

3. No stress of 1 and 2 are satisfied.

1) Even ear pain is enough to stop me putting a baby through it unless i needed to.

2) I said 'if' didnt I? I didnt say 'babies are always upset'

3) see original 1 & 2

Try reading before pulling someone up. Its personal choice :roll:

Archived