Decent family pub / restaurant + parking near Bramall Lane

AYBABTU

yep! they do. I took my kids in there one saturday lunchtime before the match and there were no questions asked. We weren't dining either. Mind you - they do sit quietly in a chair and not run around screaming and knocking things over. That might have something to do with it.

Went for family meal Friday. God knows why we persist on giving it chance upon chance, guess its within walking distance and its a nice place. Lesson learnt.

Service was dreadful as per but after over an hour and half and seeing groups who arrived after us tucking into their mains, I felt a second complaint was required. The firt complaint made by my father went unanswered.

I was informed by a bewildered looking waitress that our order was ready.... A further ten mins passed with no mains or apology.

My 5 year old was v hungry by this point as over one hour 40 mins had passed from our initial order. Food arrived. Amongst orders were two portions of fish and chips, one for a child. Chips hard and clearly frozen. Remaining 6 fish dishes were of airplane standard. I wouldn't serve at home without apology.

The lady who took charge over our complaints was amazing,took it all in her stride and was discreet. Discounted our food bill but I will not go in again to eat. Lovely surroundings but style over substance.

If you can wait 48 hours to be served substandard food then go, if not a fish and chip Friday courtesy of a generic kebab place serving "fish" would be the better option and lighter on the pocket.

Archived