Anyone been on holiday to Tunisia ?

As the title says has anyone been and can you pass on your thoughts for recommendations or not for resorts / hotels etc.

Seems pretty competitive price wise.

Also anyone got any decent holiday firms to try other ther the mainstream Thomas Cooks for the best deals ?

Not been abroad for ages so out of the loop at bit.

Thanks

Neither would I. You can't beat good ol' Blighty. Sod the middle east and Africa.

Also, I'd be slightly nervous about booking it with Thomas Cook. Weren't they in financial difficulties a little while ago? Bad oman if you ask me!

I went in November-December 2011, the gov warnings above take absolutely no notice of them at all, the demonstrations (not many know) are all in Tunis far away from the tourist area. All the Tunisians are very friendly and the staff in the hotel i was in would go to any length to make your holiday a good one, there are French, Germans and other nationalities go there without any problems infact there isn't any problems as said above, go there you will have a great holiday i am sure, we went A/I for four weeks with Thomas Cook

ps

go on tripadviser you will get all the info you want and more

I went in November-December 2011, the gov warnings above take absolutely no notice of them at all, the demonstrations (not many know) are all in Tunis far away from the tourist area. All the Tunisians are very friendly and the staff in the hotel i was in would go to any length to make your holiday a good one, there are French, Germans and other nationalities go there without any problems infact there isn't any problems as said above, go there you will have a great holiday i am sure, we went A/I for four weeks with Thomas Cook

ps

go on tripadviser you will get all the info you want and more

I agree with everything that is said here. :thumbsup:

It's a lovely country, I've been twice and I'm going again in May to Sousse, Hotel Riadh Palms. Really good hotel & food is great.

For the cheapest prices I usually book through sunshine.co.uk. 2 weeks all inclusive £500 each (including baggage & transfers).

Port El Kantaoui (about 5 minutes up the road by taxi) is a gorgeous little place which I'd love to stay in, but it is a bit more expensive.

Yasmine Hammamet is also lovely and a bit more expensive than Sousse.

why don't you try egypt they'd be some great deals there at the moment'.

lot more to see there than tunisia

my friend went there recently and had a great time

people were friendly not many hassels it seems most people there want the place to get back to normal so they're very welcoming to the few tourists that are turning up.

Archived