Anyone been on holiday to Tunisia ?

we went to port el kantaoui,if you have teenage daughters or are worried about getting mugged then i would stay well clear.

I wasn't very keen on Tunisia, I dislike being chased through the market by people desperate to sell you something just because you glanced at their stall in a market.

It's the same everywhere, not just Tunisia

Tunisia is nice, but you can get hassled a bit in the markets, over-enthusiastic traders & pick pockets. It's a few years since I went.

Those foreign office warnings shouldn't worry you, any trouble happened a year ago, the warnings are still there in case it flares up again, but it doesn't look likely now.

I preferred Turkey & it's a similar price.

Tunisia is nice, but you can get hassled a bit in the markets, over-enthusiastic traders & pick pockets. It's a few years since I went.

Those foreign office warnings shouldn't worry you, any trouble happened a year ago, the warnings are still there in case it flares up again, but it doesn't look likely now.

I preferred Turkey & it's a similar price.

Turkey is similar, but you still get hassled in the markets. Best thing to do is to go along with them & have a laugh.

I've found that it's a lot more expensive than Tunisia now though - prices are similar if not more expensive than here.

I wasn't very keen on Tunisia, I dislike being chased through the market by people desperate to sell you something just because you glanced at their stall in a market.

I found this in Goa. They cant seem to understand and seem flabbergasted that you dont want to part with any cash for (eg) a crap wooden statue that you neither want nor need or would even take if they were giving them away.

Ruined the holiday for me, as going out was just so much hassle.

Archived