Work Programme and DWP Benefits

Hello members,

Can someone kindly tell me how someone would have to remain off of DWP benefits to not have to return to the Work Programme?

If for example, someone signed off for say 3 months and then started a new claim, would they then be forced to re-join the work programme?

Cheers

Hello members,

Can someone kindly tell me how someone would have to remain off of DWP benefits to not have to return to the Work Programme?

If for example, someone signed off for say 3 months and then started a new claim, would they then be forced to re-join the work programme?

Cheers

Maybe contact them direct and ask the question, then you would know for certain.

Angel.

Hello members,

Cheers

Why would you want to avoid the Work Prog, and how would you support yourself when you sign off? If it's that easy to support yourself without benefits, why not just sign off altogether?

its like my own case, i had been on jsa for over 12 months, so they put my on the work programme, then i got a proper job, it only lasted for 3- 4 months and was forced to claim jsa again, they put my straight back on to the work program, and i have been on that for the last 5 months. so i dont think you can get around doing the program, unless you go self employed, Chemist a poster on here seems to have much more information regarding that,

stop tryin to work the system and get a job!!

You don't know my situation. So if you have nothing to constructive to say, say nothing.

You must be a sad lonely person sitting there watching this forum and waiting to slam anyone that you feel is trying to fleece the system.

Why don't you get on with your job, instead watching this forum for reasons to have dig - PATHETIC!

What does that mean?

It means that you will be put back on the work programme soon after you reclaim to complete the remaining period.

It now lasts for a period of 2 years and if you quit the scheme during that time when you sign on again you will return to it to complete the full 2 years. But, even if you have completed that 2 years you may get put back on another after another 6 months of claiming.

From experience, the only ones to get jobs from these initiatives are the ones who are now being employed by these providers.

Archived